Just Got My First Smartphone(Droid X)

Luckster

Reaction score
Anything i should know, is there any cool stuff i can do other than download Apps? Please tell me some cool stuff. :) Thanks
dancedroid :greendroid: :blackdroid:

droidman101

Reaction score
Anything i should know, is there any cool stuff i can do other than download Apps? Please tell me some cool stuff. :) Thanks
dancedroid :greendroid: :blackdroid:

browse the internet using the browser, sync email using the email app, add widgets to your homescreen using longpresses

also, a lot of options can be accessed by longpressing or by pressing menu ;)

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Download angry birds and start the addiction!
Aldiko is a great (free) e-reader on the market (if you like to read books)
Droidlight = flashlight using your led flash

Take some beautiful photos, upload them straight from your phone to photobucket or picasa and share them with friends/family.

Its not downloading the apps thats fun, its all the fun you can have with the apps that are available! If i took off all my apps on my phone i'd get bored with it really quick. Take a look around the market, there are tons of free apps that make the phone fun to play around with, not to mention some great and worthy paid apps, just read the reviews on each app to see if its worth your time.

Enjoy!

Horch it

Reaction score
and if you're nice to youtube you'll get an uplink link directly to your account to upload videos taken by nonE other than the D-R-O-I-D-X

OP
L

Luckster

Reaction score
All this stuff sounds cool! Let me give some of them a try!

OP
L

Luckster

Reaction score
Whats is all this Froyo, Gingerbread, Fruitcake(Or something like that)? Can someone explain this stuff too me or give me links :)

kennydied23

Reaction score
Whats is all this Froyo, Gingerbread, Fruitcake(Or something like that)? Can someone explain this stuff too me or give me links :)

Those are the names of the updates of the Android OS (except Fruitcake, not sure where you got that from lol). To update to the latest Froyo, just go to Settings and hit "About Phone" and then "System Update". There is talk of Gingerbread but it won't make it to the Droid X for a long while.

Android 3.0 Gingerbread Features, Overview And Release Date | ShaswatPatel.com

Also if you're on Froyo, you should try out Adobe Flash.

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
If you leave the country (or somehow are staying in a U.S. roaming situation) make sure you disable data roaming, in fact, ALL data transmissions via "airplane mode". Or the other option is to call in and purchase "International Roaming"....just make sure to cancel it after you are back from your trip...the $65/mo. cost can be prorated for the amount of days you use it (so like $2/day). Failure to do either of these options will result in you getting charged roaming fees all day long as the phone continually updates data.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Root it and have some real fun!!! Congratulations on the purchase of the X if this is your first smart fun my suggestion would be to research, research and then research some more. There is so much you can do with this phone! Have fun,, and pretty soon you will be asking us how to root!dancedroid

OP
L

Luckster

Reaction score
I see lots of guides how to root, but what can happen when you root? Like what are the risks? And what are the rewards? :)

jsw6380a

Reaction score
There is always the chance of bricking. But if done correctly is harmless. Research some root apps. I think you will be impressed. Gives you more control over the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dispatch1054

Reaction score
I see lots of guides how to root, but what can happen when you root? Like what are the risks? And what are the rewards? :)

Yep its pretty harmless and straightforward. Just make sure you read the directions carefully and im sure you'll be fine! Like jsw said, look up some apps that you can use with a rooted phone. They're awesome. With root, you can fully customize your phone by flashing modified and optimized versions of android, making an already great phone amazing. And you can theme it easily, overclock it, all that good stuff :). If you have any questions, a lotta people will be happy to help you. Good luck!.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App