Just got my Droid X

dwtrees

Reaction score
Hi All,
Dwtrees here, stands for dances with trees. Long story short, alcohol was involved when I got the name at a rendezvous. Anyway I am just learning how to use this new Droid and wanted to get rid of some of the apps but not to sure the proper way of getting rid of them.

Where do I need to go in the forum to find the right way to remove them?

Any help would be appreciated.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay. If you're talking about removing the preinstalled apps, you're stuck with them unless you root the phone.

tappin and a talkin

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Welcome to the forum. Not sure about the Droid X but It could be in menu/settings/applications/manage applications. Select the app then uninstall. If it wont let you uninstall it, this is what spaz33g was saying. If you really want to remove those apps, do a search rooting droid x. Check the Droid X section for more help. Enjoy your stay.

moofarmer

Reaction score
Unwanted Apps

Welcome
I got my new droid x 2 days ago what an upgrade from the LG Voyager I CAN SEE I CAN SEE. I will be asking more dumb questions than you on here so don't feel lost. when I purchased the phone the tech showing it to me was app crazy. I told him most of those I did not want and preferred a clearer screen to find what I had. He said no problem asked what I wanted to keep and put the phone on a computer at the store and removed the ones that were trial demo's and things I wanted gone.
Good luck with yours.dancedroid