Just got a Droid X...

[email protected]

Reaction score
I started to cut back a couple of years ago and got rid of a Palm Trio, for the purpose of saving money to go into business. I needed as little cash going out as possible. I Missed the smartphone and hated using "just a phone." I toughed it out for a while. I was thinking of ditching Verizon for the Apple phone when I started hearing about this incredible device called a Droid. I've been teaching guitar now for almost a year and am loaded down with student and weekend shows. I can't afford not to be in touch and have more organization at my finger tips. Clients don't appreciate someone who is not accessible and current with their tools. It seems this Droid is gonna fix that. I don't mean to sound like an add for Droid or Motorola, I've only had it about 24 hours, but its been a blast and I can tell It'll be very useful.

I need to be sure that I can answer emails quickly and easily and not let them pile up My first question was going to be what all the icons that pop up at the top of the screen are. Also making sure the phone is silent in meetings. There's so much..where do I go to learn the cool stuff? "
I'm new and don't know what to do!"- Joe Dirt

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Glad your enjoying the x.

As for the icons on the top of your screen, the ones on the right have to do with system functions like the time signal strength and use of 3g/wifi/bluetooth/gps. The ones on the left are your notifications. Drag the bar down from the top and it will display a list of notifications. Click on each one to open it up.

As for silencing the phone, when you click the unlock button when the screen is off it will display the time and two sliders, left slides to unlock and right slides to toggle vibrate on and off.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum - You should do some reading in the Droid X Section

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App :wink: