Just got Galaxy Nexus, and

GreenAcid

Reaction score
It died while i was out and about, obviously. but when i took it home, I wanted to play with it while it was plugged in.

I plug it in, and it doesn't recognize it's charging (it recognizes it's hooked up to my computer though), and then promptly dies and starts charging.

is this because it's plugged into my computer?

JJDH

Reaction score
Just let it charge for a bit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
It died while i was out and about, obviously. but when i took it home, I wanted to play with it while it was plugged in.

I plug it in, and it doesn't recognize it's charging (it recognizes it's hooked up to my computer though), and then promptly dies and starts charging.

is this because it's plugged into my computer?

Most won't let you turn it on until your at least 5% charge. I'm sure that is the issue. Which in that case shouldn't be an issue. All my phones do this. Peace!

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If this is the first charge plug it in to the wall outlet while it's powered off. Let it sit for a few hours. Do not try to turn it on. After about 3 hours check back. It should be at least 50% charged.

The Computer USB port only supplies 550mAh of power whichbis about half of what the wall charger supplies (1A).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

prowler85

Reaction score
If this is the first charge plug it in to the wall outlet while it's powered off. Let it sit for a few hours. Do not try to turn it on. After about 3 hours check back. It should be at least 50% charged.

The Computer USB port only supplies 550mAh of power whichbis about half of what the wall charger supplies (1A).

I agree 100% with everything you said, except that after 3 hours on a wall charger it will be at 50%. My phone goes from near zero to 100% in less than two hours. His might take a little longer since it's the first charge, but unless my phone is odd, his should be at 100% within 3 hours.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was assuming that there might be a problem with the battery. Sometimes you can kill the battery inns way in which the only way to get a full charge is to let it stay plugged in over night.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes indeed! If you haven't already before you do anything when you take it out of the box.. charge to 100% then let die. Then back to 100%. In this time the battery will last its longest from a good burn in....hope you got it running bro!

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

hydro556

Reaction score

Mine would be completely charged, from 0% in about 1.5-2 hours.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Yup. Got it working. Also, when I try and click the Facebook icon in add account, nothing happens. Why

alboboy10

Reaction score
My phone took hours to charge at first idk why. Then one day it charged fully in less than an hour and a half.

chadh1

Reaction score
My first charge took forever it seemed, probably around 3 hours give or take to fully charge. It gets better, now it only takes about an hour or just a slight bit longer to fully charge.

Verro84

Reaction score
Had the Nexus going on 4 days and twice it said Device memory low not sure why anyone know?

captdroid

Reaction score
Had the Nexus going on 4 days and twice it said Device memory low not sure why anyone know?

IDK try downloading system panel lite from the market and check different memory free. If all memory is showing plenty free then try a factory reset.

Verro84

Reaction score
IDK try downloading system panel lite from the market and check different memory free. If all memory is showing plenty free then try a factory reset.

Thanks for the quick response I'll check it out now and let u know what happens

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Yup. Got it working. Also, when I try and click the Facebook icon in add account, nothing happens. Why

I can't get mine to Sync my Facebook contacts either, the ONE thing I liked better about my X2. My understanding is the 4.0.3 update should allow this, but FB will have to update their app in order for this to work.

My work around? I just had Facebook and my Google contacts open on my PC and I copy/pasted pics of my FB contacts in to Google. Now those people have contact pictures.