Just got a Droid X2!! Willing to answer questions.

pendetim

Reaction score
New X2 owner here and I have a few questions:

There is nothing selected in my stock task killer.

1. If a picture is attached to a G-mail email message, I can click the download button under the picture and I seems to save the picture to internal storage. How do I save or move the picture to the SD card?

2. I am using JuiceDefender ( free version ) and have the WiFi turned off. These really seems to help battery life. However I now notice that I am not seeing G-mail update itself and download new mail unless I wakeup the screen and tell gmail to refresh. Same thing with contacts, backup assistant & calendar. Is there a setting some where to auto update these things?

3. DLNA keeps showing up in the message bar ( the one that shows alerts at the top ) when ever I turn on my WiFi. Is there any way to stop this?

TIA Tim

Last edited:

grgguy

Reaction score
i just got my droid x2 and of course don't know what i am doing... two things. First my task master does not work also my verizon isn't working either.. It keeps telling me sorry the application my verizon mobile has stopped unepectedly. i trashed it and tried to reinstall,but no good.. still keeps coming up with the sorry ....

also, does anyone know how to attach pictures from facebook onto your contacts? someone said go to facebook and the menue... I went to facebook and hit the menue botton on the phone and all it said was refresh... I am really confused... thanks...:icon_eek:

I havent tried the my verizon app. For fb pics , go into your " my accounts " app and add your fb acct. not only will it add your pics but all of your friends pics too. I found it annoying but you may like it .

leonard

Reaction score
i just got my droid x2 and of course don't know what i am doing... two things. First my task master does not work also my verizon isn't working either.. It keeps telling me sorry the application my verizon mobile has stopped unepectedly. i trashed it and tried to reinstall,but no good.. still keeps coming up with the sorry ....

also, does anyone know how to attach pictures from facebook onto your contacts? someone said go to facebook and the menue... I went to facebook and hit the menue botton on the phone and all it said was refresh... I am really confused... thanks...:icon_eek:

My Verizon did the same thing. Updated twice didn't help. Finally updated a third time and turned the phone off and back on. Works fine now.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

mygraine

Reaction score
im useing the droid 1 right now and i like it but want to get the droid x2 next week and i hear so many things about the screen good and bad i stopped buy my local store today and to my suprise they didnt have one for display so thing is i like the screen on my droid is it going to be better in pic qualty then it im rooted and running cm7 so i plan on rooting the x2 as well .

so big thing is how would u say the screen compares not in size but quality.
as far as a phone in a whole im sure almost any new droid would be a huge upgrade for .

thanks all :D

The screen seems to be hot topic. I like it others don't. You really need to see a display model and play with it first.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

pendetim

Reaction score
I think the screen on the X2 is excellent. I have had it for 10 days now and find it very clear and easy to see. I can even use it with direct sun shining on the display.

magman

Reaction score
im useing the droid 1 right now and i like it but want to get the droid x2 next week and i hear so many things about the screen good and bad i stopped buy my local store today and to my suprise they didnt have one for display so thing is i like the screen on my droid is it going to be better in pic qualty then it im rooted and running cm7 so i plan on rooting the x2 as well .

so big thing is how would u say the screen compares not in size but quality.
as far as a phone in a whole im sure almost any new droid would be a huge upgrade for .

thanks all :D

The screen seems to be hot topic. I like it others doanyone use the droid

/e a display model and play with it first.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
i wish i could i went to see it and all the verizon store had was a cardboard box shaped like the x2 lol with a fake screen lady said it had the same screen i tried to tell here it didnt have the same screen as the x but she didnt beleave me lol.
i have a droid 1 right now so if its better then that ill be super happy cuz i think the droid 1 screen is great so im sure comeing from this phone its going to be a huge upgrade for me.

wendee2150

Reaction score
lady said it had the same screen i tried to tell here it didnt have the same screen as the x but she didnt beleave me lol.

I like X2 screen. I came from a D2 and it's do much easier to see! Especially with my bifocals. I've only had to pull the battery under or twice in the past 3 weeks and I was pulling it 3-4 times a day. Couple of little things I don't like as much or miss...but the plusses outweigh the minuses. By far! Swype was better on the D2, I think. I make FAR more mistakes with Swype and the X2!

killianss

Reaction score
Ive had some issues with mine, last night before falling asleep I charged my phone 100% and killed all my apps using the pre installed task manager. I woke up to find ny phone off and I could not turn it on by simply pushing the power/ hold button instead I had to remote e battery and plug it in to my charger, I noticed it dropped 40% battery over night wtf! This is the second time this has happened anyone experience same issue? Also my battery is terrible worse than ny brothers tbolt.

damn, I have the same issue :( doesnt come out of standby it seems like and have to do a battery pull

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...oid-x2-turns-off-doesnt-come-out-standby.html