Just flashed to Blur 3.0, bricked my phone.

ElShotte

Reaction score
Okay, so I need help. I just flashed to Blur 3.0 and now my phone just sits with the "M" logo displayed. After I flashed, the phone actually booted into Android, but my colors were all inverted, so I tried to Power Off and Boot it again, nothing.

Here's what I did:

From Squidly 2.3.20 Installed

• Recovered Backed up Stock ROM
  • Wiped Data
  • Wiped Cache Partition
  • Installed Blur 3.0

And now, I have no phone :icon_eek:

Okay. One thing that raises a flag is it updated the kernel. Will that be a problem? I know that if I hold the Up Arrow I can boot into USB Recovery, I'm at my parents for the holidays and don't have access to RSD Lite. I also held the X key at Boot, and it gave me the Blue recovery menu, but there's no option to restore backed up ROM. Is there a Key to boot into Bootstrap Recovery? And then, even if I install the stock 2.3.20 SBF, will the updated kernel be a problem?

OP
E

ElShotte

Reaction score
Wait, I think Im getting something. Booted into the ROM Manager Menu (Blue Menu, Holding X) did another User Data and Cache Wipe, now Im on the Red Android Logo... update, I got the Welcome to DROID2 screen with normal colors. Do I stay with Blur 3? I guess Im gonna have to restart the phone see if it boots back up... if it does, I guess Im good for now (atleast it works).

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I need help. I just flashed to Blur 3.0 and now my phone just sits with the "M" logo displayed. After I flashed, the phone actually booted into Android, but my colors were all inverted, so I tried to Power Off and Boot it again, nothing.

Here's what I did:

From Squidly 2.3.20 Installed

• Recovered Backed up Stock ROM
  • Wiped Data
  • Wiped Cache Partition
  • Installed Blur 3.0

And now, I have no phone :icon_eek:

Okay. One thing that raises a flag is it updated the kernel. Will that be a problem? I know that if I hold the Up Arrow I can boot into USB Recovery, I'm at my parents for the holidays and don't have access to RSD Lite. I also held the X key at Boot, and it gave me the Blue recovery menu, but there's no option to restore backed up ROM. Is there a Key to boot into Bootstrap Recovery? And then, even if I install the stock 2.3.20 SBF, will the updated kernel be a problem?

Sounds similar to something that happened to me when I installed 3.0.0. and went back to 2.3.20. The kernel was indeed an issue and when I booted I got the M Logo only. I pulled the battery and got past the logo but I could tell my D2 wasn't acting right.

Now here comes the bad news. I had to SBF 2.3.20 to fix it. I don't believe there is any other way.

OP
E

ElShotte

Reaction score
Hey hook, if I flashed with a 2.2.15 SBF would that bring me down to 2.2.15 and I could install 2.2.15 themes and ROMS?

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Wait, I think Im getting something. Booted into the ROM Manager Menu (Blue Menu, Holding X) did another User Data and Cache Wipe, now Im on the Red Android Logo... update, I got the Welcome to DROID2 screen with normal colors. Do I stay with Blur 3? I guess Im gonna have to restart the phone see if it boots back up... if it does, I guess Im good for now (atleast it works).

Sounds like you didnt mount system. Thats a big no no.

OP
E

ElShotte

Reaction score
You're right, I didn't. What do I do? I still haven't rebooted my phone because I am afraid it won't boot back. I'm assuming install 2.3.20 SBF then go back to custom ROM? Or should I just try to boot into recovery from the phone while I still can, mount the system, then install the Blur 3.0 ROM again?