Bricked?

2385amh

Reaction score
OKay so my friend got a D2 and we rooted it and installed rom manager, flashed the new recovery to clock work and tried to install squidly using the update.zip method.

The probelm is that after it loaded the file and the text came up saying that it successfully installed now the phone wont load past the M and we cant get back to clockwork to try and mess with it either.

If you hold the up it does load the message that the boot loader is d2 somthing but thats all we can get it to do. :icon_eek:

I am only familiar with D1 stuff so someone please help

Reaction score
Hmmm... update.zip method? Not familiar with that, you should have chose the option to install from sd card and navigated to the folder you downloaded it to and installed from there (after mounting system and data). Let us know what you figure out. See my thread about "I am a man who bricked my D2 and sbf didn't work). Before you do anything else though please make sure your battery is fully charged, if its not already too late.

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

ultima

Reaction score
you obviously didn't read a HOW TO ROOT a droid 2 and install custom Rom's guide. ITS NOT THE SAME AS DROID1.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/91760-droid-2-hacking-rom-install-class.html

^^^^what he said

u didnt mention bootstrap and im pretty sure thats ur prob...rom manager can't just flash clockwork like on d1...plus RM really doesnt do much on d2 i can only rename backups with it

have a good battery charge and sbf...if your batt is low take it to vz store & let em charge it(lol i went thru this TWICE, and was scared as hell that i bricked my d1 the 1st time, bc batt died during rsd flash)

OP

2385amh

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who replied, even the people who literally added nothing with their posts :icon_eek:
Got it up and running again