Just flashed Gingerbread for my DX!!

WeedR

Reaction score
So far its pretty sweet. Its quicker, it has a blackish blue notification bar, transparent notification pulldown, a WAY better launcher and home page. Overall I like it. Its pretty snappy. Just sucks that it can't be rooted and you have to sbf back to 2.2 when you want the ota. But I think its definitely worth a try on your DX!! Any other questions about it let me know.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
So far its pretty sweet. Its quicker, it has a blackish blue notification bar, transparent notification pulldown, a WAY better launcher and home page. Overall I like it. Its pretty snappy. Just sucks that it can't be rooted and you have to sbf back to 2.2 when you want the ota. But I think its definitely worth a try on your DX!! Any other questions about it let me know.

Is it the first phone with a transparent pull down?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
W

WeedR

Reaction score
I'm not really sure. Maybe stock with a transparent pulldown. Correct me if I'm wrong.

frayed

Reaction score
just making sure. I have to root to use the update? or can i just name it update put it in my root folder and boot it from recovery. If I have to root will I still be rooted when i install gingerbread? and what is the best way to root?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
first off this is only for the droid x/2 and it looks like you have a droid. but if you have a x/2 then yes you would have to be rooted and flash it in clockwork. and when you boot up it would no longer be rooted.

Reaction score
The x/2 are getting the same firmware update?

Why isnt this breaking news? I thought the gingerbread build was only available for the x, and that the droid 2 had support dropped entirely since motorola opted in favor of supporting the global and r2 d2

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
W

WeedR

Reaction score
Also it changed the white Motorola logo at start up from white to red. Pretty cool.

Ham

Reaction score
How are you getting all your apps, contacts, phone log, texts, ect back without titanium backup?

tanyrl

Reaction score
the good old fashioned way...slow going thru the market....I'm not worried about old texts and stuff, but! If id have thought more about it, I would ve waited for the root-titanium is my best friend.

Last edited:

epsilonbass

Reaction score
Also it changed the white Motorola logo at start up from white to red. Pretty cool.

Haha, really? When ever I boot my phone now, I start laughing because my Dx looks like it has a big red clown nose. Bozo X!