Just did BB 0.4 blue theme... No market or contacts

Samiam564

Reaction score
Like the title says I just installed Bugless Beast 0.4 with the smoked blue theme and everything went well... Until I went to send a text and I have no contacts. Cant sync my account b/c it says It cannot reach server... Also when i click on the market icon it flashes a white screen then just goes back to home screen... No force close report, just dosent open at all!

Help please!

EDIT: Just tried loading BB 0.4 w/o blue theme and its doing the same thing... Doing this all from Clockwork by the way... loading them from the root of my sd card. clearing cache before installing, should I try factory reset??

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try wiping and reinstalling it and if that doesnt work try a different version of the ROM

OP
Samiam564

Samiam564

Reaction score
After doing the wipe in CW...should it have carried over my apps and everything from 2.1?

I can also make and receive txts and calls but nothing else really..

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After doing the wipe in CW...should it have carried over my apps and everything from 2.1?

idk much about CW but a wipe should be the same as a factory reset but still with root - so no apps you installed

and the data is different from the cellular coverage so one can be working fine

OP
Samiam564

Samiam564

Reaction score

idk much about CW but a wipe should be the same as a factory reset but still with root - so no apps you installed

Should I try and flash SPR and try it that way? And as for the apps they did carry over from 2.1 which I thought was really weird.

Thank you for your help by the way, I really appreciate it!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Should I try and flash SPR and try it that way? And as for the apps they did carry over from 2.1 which I thought was really weird.

Thank you for your help by the way, I really appreciate it!

idk its your call u could always wait for someone to come along that knows clockwork

but if u wanna do it now with SPR

flash SPR
download the nandroid file for the ROM you want
boot into recovery
wipe data and cache and then do an adv. nandroid restore

OP
Samiam564

Samiam564

Reaction score
Ahh crap this is a stupid ass thing to say at this point... But should I have done Partition SD card before I installed BB from my sd root?

Idk how much that matters... But none the less i feel stupid about forgetting that

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ahh crap this is a stupid ass thing to say at this point... But should I have done Partition SD card before I installed BB from my sd root?

Idk how much that matters... But none the less i feel stupid about forgetting that

i dont think so just put the nandroid file in the nandroid folder so it can be read by SPR

OP
Samiam564

Samiam564

Reaction score
Same thing w/ SPR... Im going to do a factory reset so hopefully it will take everything out and just load in BB 0.4

Keeps carrying my apps over from 2.1 also

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you wipe data? do it a few times (its recommended)

OP
Samiam564

Samiam564

Reaction score
Yeah I did it a few times the 1st go around... I'll try and wipe data 3x and install it once more... If that dose not work I'll do a factory reset.

Will there be issues with loading 2.2 after doing a factory reset?

Thanks again for helping me out, I would be lost with out you lol

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I did it a few times the 1st go around... I'll try and wipe data 3x and install it once more... If that dose not work I'll do a factory reset.

idk about factory reset - im not sure if it will cause you to lose root or not

but no, if you still have root and the ROM is froyo then there should be no problem

OP
Samiam564

Samiam564

Reaction score

idk about factory reset - im not sure if it will cause you to lose root or not

but no, if you still have root and the ROM is froyo then there should be no problem

Ok well I just flashed back to Cw, wiped 3x and now im installing BB again... here is hopeing