just bought Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and need some infos

gamesms

Reaction score
hey all i know most of you expert here and can answer my noob questions:icon_eek:

first off i have a few questions need to be answered clearly and thanks in advance :)

1- can i get Arabic Language input to my Keyboard for free?(read and write)

2- my phone keep turning off itself more often..why? :/

3- is there an update to have gingerbread as official ?

4- my old phone was nokia and i backup-ed my data as .ndu file i used ndu explorer but don't know how to restore all things to the new Android i want to restore (Memo, Calendar and Contacts) <---please help me with this its urgent

z96Cobra

Reaction score
This site is dedicated to phones sold by Verizon and marketed under the Droid brand. All Droid branded phones run the Android operating system. Not all Android powered phones are "Droids", only those that are sold/marketed as such by Verizon have the Droid moniker. People probably aren't ignoring your posts, they just don't know much/anything about your device. You need to find a site with more users that have your device.

OP
G

gamesms

Reaction score
Oh..i see, well thanks for your reply but i thought that Android is the same builds in all phones just few changes by UI

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
1. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jb.gokeyboard <-- that looks to have Arabic language. It may require an addon pack, but it should be free.

2. Kinda shooting blind here as I have know very little about the device, but that shouldn't be normal behavior. By powering off, do you mean it reboots or does it stay off? Maybe try a fresh start, by doing a factory reset. This seems to cure a lot of silly problems with phones as some app is conflicting with something.

Are you rooted and/or ROM'd? If so, maybe it is a conflict with the ROM.

3. I am not sure about this one. Very few devices have Gingerbread officially, so chances are no. If you are rooted there may be some Gingerbread ROMs.

4. A lot of things sync with your gmail account. Contacts, calendar info, apps downloaded through market, and some settings. Certain apps have backup methods of their own, kinda depends on the app(s). To backup call logs, and text messages there are methods to do that as well (search sms backup in the market).