Just a thought about wiping for Sapphire 2.0.0

Darkit

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it was necessary to wipe for Sapphire 2.0 coming from Sapphire 1.1.0? I know normally on the CVPCS website he says that there will be no help/support without having done a wipe before installing it. I didn't see that on the download page this time so I was wondering.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would assume the same standard, that without a wipe support won't be given.

It's just easier to trouble shoot when you're starting with a clean slate, rather than with some lingering pieces of another ROM.

That being said, I'm horrible and never wipe when updating to newer versions of ROMS :icon_eek:

jason6g

Reaction score
im the same, ill try the new rom out without wiping first, if all is well great. if i get bugs here n there i wipe and install fresh.

it just REALLY pisses me off when i wipe and a rom still sucks....

when i switched back to sapphire 2.0 from lithium mod i didnt wipe, seemed to work well. since i will be keeping sapphire now (unless something crazy goes wrong) i did go and backup my apps and install 100% from stock (flash stock sbf with baseband, push custom recovery, wipe, install, enjoy) - just a mental tick of mine when i find a rom i wanna stick with for a while

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
im the same, ill try the new rom out without wiping first, if all is well great. if i get bugs here n there i wipe and install fresh.

when i switched back to sapphire 2.0 from lithium mod i didnt wipe, seemed to work well. since i will be keeping sapphire now (unless something crazy goes wrong) i did go and backup my apps and install 100% from stock (flash stock sbf with baseband, push custom recovery, wipe, install, enjoy) - just a mental tick of mine when i find a rom i wanna stick with for a while

I kinda follow the same pattern.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

If you make a nandroid backup before you wipe then even if the rom sucks it's obviously pretty easy to switch back...

OP
D

Darkit

Reaction score
I figured as much about the wiping....I actually have already done it, and have 2.0 installed and running. Figured I would ask just in case.

natezire71

Reaction score
Would making a Nandroid backup of the DATA, and then wiping the system clean three times, applying the ROM, then restoring just the DATA count as a clean slate?

jason6g

Reaction score
No unfortunately not. since some of the apps may differ. for the most part you should be good

One thing that always got me about restoring from a nandroid, and this was from the 2.1 days of bugless beast, was that every time i restored from a nandroid my gmail wouldnt send. that always freaked me out about nandroid, so i currently use titanium ackup to keep a backup of all my apps/settings. this way i can keep all my "stuff" even between roms

natezire71

Reaction score
Then I've always been restoring wrong. >,<

Could you please tell me what you do in Titanium? That whole app has me lost. I hate having to wipe it clean and start anew. I was hoping it wouldn't be that difficult. That's one of the main reasons I never update to the latest ROM.