Junk screen protectors

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Should have known better. Trying to save a buck I bought some inexpensive screen protectors on ebay. Got them the other day and they are total junk. Looks like they were cut by hand. The area around the ffc is so jacked up there is no way they will ever lay flat. I got six with the purchase and got it on right the first time.

This is the results. Absolute crap. All six are the same way. Not even gonna bother with a return or attempt another one.

BTW the seller on ebay is xtreme_guard

1c5fef0460842d138b64735942888e3a.jpg

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Was always skeptical about that brand. Just like with anything, "you get what you pay for".

Reactions: cr6
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Was always skeptical about that brand. Just like with anything, "you get what you pay for".

I have actually bought some budget screen protectors in the past and they went on and worked just fine. In this case it is you get what you pay for.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Just a little follow-up. I filed a refund claim with ebay and my money was refunded within a few hours. No questions asked. No request to return. I guess they realize they are selling junk and just assume most people will not bother asking for a refund.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I had the exact opposite happen to me one time. I paid a good amount for a nice screen protector with privacy guard that came with an installation in the mall (should've known better), but it ended up being cut by hand so it didn't cover the entire corner of my tablet and on top of that it had holes in it for whatever reason. What a joke. I returned it the next day and ended up just getting a Zagg Shield and applying it myself.

Pologuy

Reaction score
What is the 'best" screen protector for the Turbo?

Zagg?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What is the 'best" screen protector for the Turbo?

Zagg?
Best is subjective. I've used just about every brand and depending on your price range there are quality ones.

I personally have stuck with TechArmor because their product is great and their customer service is awesome.

I tried Zagg when I had the Droid 1 and was not a fan. Though I'm sure their products have greatly improved since then.

Pologuy

Reaction score
Best is subjective. I've used just about every brand and depending on your price range there are quality ones.

I personally have stuck with TechArmor because their product is great and their customer service is awesome.

I tried Zagg when I had the Droid 1 and was not a fan. Though I'm sure their products have greatly improved since then.

Tech Armor doesn't seem to have anything for Motorola...?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It must be because the Turbo is new. Xtreme Guard is usually pretty good.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

I'll cast another vote for TechArmor. I've also used just about every type and brand out there, and TechArmor have consistently been the all-around best.

Tech Armor doesn't seem to have anything for Motorola...?

Oddly enough, it doesn't look like Tech Armor has released anything for any of Motorola's 2014 devices. They have screen protectors for their 2013 product line, but none for this year. That's really odd considering they release screen protectors for almost every device released in the U.S.

Pologuy

Reaction score
I'll cast another vote for TechArmor. I've also used just about every type and brand out there, and TechArmor have consistently been the all-around best.

Oddly enough, it doesn't look like Tech Armor has released anything for any of Motorola's 2014 devices. They have screen protectors for their 2013 product line, but none for this year. That's really odd considering they release screen protectors for almost every device released in the U.S.

Yeah, I would like to get a quality screen protector for my Turbo... but it seems as though there are not any out there yet...