Cases and screen protectors still pretty scarce for the Turbo

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I know it has only been a few weeks but things are moving pretty slow. Been watching amazon and not much new is popping up for the Turbo. Even more surprising is there is hardly anything shipped and sold by amazon. The few things that are on there are marketplace sellers. Hope things pick up with the accessory market.

I ended up ordering a pack of HD screen protectors from ebay from a seller pretty close to me. I am sure they will not be very good quality but they will do for now.

Still missing on the case front are announcements from some of the usual players:
Seidio
Diztronics
Spek
SGP
Trident
Fosmon

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
This will be the Achilles heel with my Note Edge. Based upon what I saw today it looks like I am going without a case.

Thach

Reaction score
I've been watching and searching as well. So far, I've been pretty disappointed with the lack of cases. Honestly I just want a nice bumper case and the casemate clear one IMO is ugly lol. Hopefully more items show up soon.

Sent from my XT1254

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I've been watching and searching as well. So far, I've been pretty disappointed with the lack of cases. Honestly I just want a nice bumper case and the casemate clear one IMO is ugly lol. Hopefully more items show up soon.

Sent from my XT1254

Ugly and expensive. I could buy 4 decent TPU cases for the price of that one.

Good news is the Cruzerlite TPU cases should be available next week. I'll be grabbing two myself.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
This seems to be the case (get it...the case....ok lame I know!) with most new devices these days and I'm not sure why. When we got our S5s, (about 6 weeks after release) there where literally 2 cases to choose from at Verizon and if we were lucky, only 1 or 2 to choose from everywhere else we looked in town. We actually had to go online and search for another 3-4 weeks to find one we liked. Used to be there would be dozens of cases to choose from before the device was released. Perhaps manufacturers aren't releasing the exact specs (size-wise) for most case manufacturers to make the molds and get a nice variety out to the public. I started noticing this trend when the S3 was released two years ago, there was a similar problem, although not quite as bad. But just enough to make it noticeable to a lot of us S3 owners.

S5 tap'n

Thach

Reaction score
The only real thing I don't like about the cruzerlite cases is the cutout buttons. That being said, I'll probably grab a couple for myself and my wife. I have 2 for my Droid Maxx and they are nice minus the button thing. I got a bumper case for my wife's S4 from them that I wish was available for the Turbo.

Sent from my XT1254

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
The only real thing I don't like about the cruzerlite cases is the cutout buttons. That being said, I'll probably grab a couple for myself and my wife. I have 2 for my Droid Maxx and they are nice minus the button thing. I got a bumper case for my wife's S4 from them that I wish was available for the Turbo.

Sent from my XT1254

Amazon has the Cruzerlte cases up for pre-order. $9.90 each or a four different bundles of three colors for $25.90. Free shipping too.

Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case for Moto Droid Turbo XT1254 (Verizon) - Retail Packaging

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Wow thanks for the info. Don't know how I missed this.

Sent from my XT1254

I think they must have just gone up in the last 24 hours. I have been checking amazon regularly for new listings. They have been up for pre-order direct from Cruzerlite for over a week now with this showing:

Date Available : Nov 16 2014

Shipping date: To be announced

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
A few people mentioned that one in another thread. Still pricey for what is essentially a fancy looking TPU case.

Yeah they are pricey.. The thing is they are solid...the feel in hand is top notch.. I've used them on a few phones.. If ya get a verizon discount about 25%off

M8 tap'd

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Yeah they are pricey.. The thing is they are solid...the feel in hand is top notch.. I've used them on a few phones.. If ya get a verizon discount about 25%off

M8 tap'd

I have been running a Fosmon TPU on my G2 and N7 for well over a year. Do the same thing as the Tech21. Feel and fit the same and still look good after that time. And cost less than 1/4 of that case.

I just can't constitute the price of a case that high when it does nothing more than cases that cost much less.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I hear ya.. It depends on your use of phone.. I had a Fosmon and it didn't feel as good to me.. the shock protection of tech is what makes it.. Good to have choices though

M8 tap'd

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I hear ya.. It depends on your use of phone.. I had a Fosmon and it didn't feel as good to me.. the shock protection of tech is what makes it.. Good to have choices though

M8 tap'd

Ok but would you say the Tech21 feels $28 worth of better??? Honestly???