Cases and screen protectors still pretty scarce for the Turbo

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Ok but would you say the Tech21 feels $28 worth of better??? Honestly???

I can only say spending the extra $ I kept the case as opposed to I got rid of the other case.. Or stopped using it.. I get 4 or 5 cases for every phone all the way from $9 to $30.. So I kinda go with what feels comfy at the time... You can definitely get good value on many brands

M8 tap'd

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I also picked up a lifeproof case and I really did like it except for the ability to hear and be heard on calls while talking on the handset - bluetooth of course no problem. I am very happy with the Tech 21 case.

Sent while mobile...

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Well not only are cases still pretty scarce, I am seeing now some cases that are out are starting to show not compatible with the ballistic nylon. Can't see case makers making two different versions of one case. This is just like back to the VZW version of the LG G2 being different and many case manufactures left that one out of their line-up.

Thach

Reaction score
Well not only are cases still pretty scarce, I am seeing now some cases that are out are starting to show not compatible with the ballistic nylon. Can't see case makers making two different versions of one case. This is just like back to the VZW version of the LG G2 being different and many case manufactures left that one out of their line-up.
I was and still am really hoping that its popularity helps get some support from the manufacturers. Not holding my breath though.

Sent from my XT1254

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yeah, the ballistic backing makes it slightly larger. That's definitely going to make it tough on getting the right fit on cases.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
For anyone (like me) that wants to keep their Turbo naked but protected in their pocket, I bought a PDAir Vertical Leather Pouch case with belt clip for the Galaxy S5 and my 64GB Turbo fits perfectly. I put the pouch case in my pocket with it clipped on the outside of my pocket. I've used this type of case going back to my OG Droid as well as with my Bionic. Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K0DHQM2/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
For anyone (like me) that wants to keep their Turbo naked but protected in their pocket, I bought a PDAir Vertical Leather Pouch case with belt clip for the Galaxy S5 and my 64GB Turbo fits perfectly. I put the pouch case in my pocket with it clipped on the outside of my pocket. I've used this type of case going back to my OG Droid as well as with my Bionic. Here's the Amazon link:

Amazon.com Samsung Galaxy S5 with Belt Clip PDair Black Leather Vertical Pouch Cell Phones Accessories

Used to be leather vertical pouch holsters were hard to find for bigger phones. There is a better selection these days with most phones growing in size. I am thinking about this one:

Leather Smartphones Vertical Holster Pouch Case Belt Clip Fits Otterbox Defender

Though I really don't know if I should run nekkid or not. Since I have been using the Otterbox Commuter I have dropped mine twice. And I NEVER drop my phones. LOL

denesie

Reaction score
I know it has only been a few weeks but things are moving pretty slow. Been watching amazon and not much new is popping up for the Turbo. Even more surprising is there is hardly anything shipped and sold by amazon. The few things that are on there are marketplace sellers. Hope things pick up with the accessory market.

I ended up ordering a pack of HD screen protectors from ebay from a seller pretty close to me. I am sure they will not be very good quality but they will do for now.

Still missing on the case front are announcements from some of the usual players:
Seidio
Diztronics
Spek
SGP
Trident
Fosmon
The Tech21 Impactology mesh case is great! The only problem is it is only in smokey for the Droid Turbo, I want clear so the color of the phone comes through the back. If the phone wasn't so slick without I wouldn't even use one but it slides too easy
I called Verizon emailed a ticket in to Tech21 and no one can get me or has a clear mesh Tech21 case for my droid, very frustrating when there are thousands for Iphone and samsung GS5. No Ebay no where!! If anyone finds them anywhere please advise

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Being a Verizon exclusive has its downfall. Hopefully with the Moto MAXX overseas it will spur additional cases and accessories.