jumpy screen

dakoop

Reaction score
here lately my screen is jumpy. I will try to click on something and it will bounce around instead of selecting it. makes a touch screen phone very hard to use. i have noticed it in the browser and in spell correction and it happens on multiple roms.

any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

xliderider

Reaction score
If you mean the screen will either jump to the top or bottom of the page, then yeah that happenus to me sometimes. Not a lot though, just some random times.

OP
dakoop

dakoop

Reaction score
No, not to the top or bottom. It kinda shakes back and forth.

Droid_Addict

Reaction score
I've been experiencing the same problem when browsing. I generally use Xscope as my main browser. I'm currently running jrummy's froyo from source.

Chris.Go

Reaction score
Same problem here. At times you tap the screen and it taps somewhere else magically. Happens a lot when your in a hurry of course. Also, I played a game called iMobster and it would always screw me up scrolling the screen all the way to the bottom when all I tried to do is click a button.

One thing I did to help was remove the screen protector and keep the screen really clean.

Knowthenazz

Reaction score
I've experienced a similar issue.

I suspect that it could be a grounding problem. What works for me is touching the gold foil piece on the back of the phone.

See if that helps.

DroidFan

Reaction score
It's happening to me as well... the only thing that has been helping has been to reboot the Droid... until today... now it's not working at all....

pierced_droid

Reaction score
here lately my screen is jumpy. I will try to click on something and it will bounce around instead of selecting it. makes a touch screen phone very hard to use. i have noticed it in the browser and in spell correction and it happens on multiple roms.

any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Are you plugged in when this is happening? If so is it a OEM charger

Sent from my etcha-sketch

DroidFan

Reaction score
Nope...not plugged in at all...

Just got off the phone with VZW tech support... basically they said it's probably a software conflict. They had e do a hard reset... all seems to be working now... PHEW....

dolphin7707

Reaction score
today, when scrolling or changing sceeens, my galaxy s3 screen is jumpy. any ideas?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
closing some apps or restarting should smooth things out.

If your screen is dirty input may be less accurate and cause the screen to be a bit jumpy

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also make sure you don't have power savings enabled in settings. The screen setting in there can really decrease the framerate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!