Jumping ship ?

azdrifter

Reaction score
Well I have recently noticed that certain developers have decided to ditch the X2 and move on to greener pastures with the Nexus. Now I know this will bring me some negative feedback but I must say what I feel,now this is purely from a personal point of view and I'm not trying to convince anyone else to agree or see things my way. But I am saddened to see how quickly people have abandoned the free spirit of the "open source community" I know that is the reason why everyone is jumping ship to the Nexus because it is a true open source google phone. But what I am talking is whatever happened to that independent spirit and the reason that android has come such a long way to become one of if not the premier mobile operating systems in the world.
What am I talking about? I'm talking about that spirit that we as humans have to fight against the norm,stand up for change and not be some drones that accept whatever is giving us and say I don't like it i want to change it!

Apple is known and highly regarded as being stingy and not allowing an open source with their products,and that is why we Android lovers have come to appreciate and love our Dev's for their relentless and dedicated spirit to change,open,and unlock our Droid phones!
Is Samsung becoming the Apple of Android where the only phone worth building Roms and themes is going to be the Next Nexus and all other phones will go into a forgotten oblivion and soon just becoming ancient relics? And the worst part is that we the consumer are the ones doing this when we say that we would all rather just buy the phone that presents less opposition and easier to change.
If this were the way everyone felt we would all be Iphone users, I personally think that having a choice is a great thing i don't want to be the same Cookie cutter house on the block I want my house to be a representation of me and my personality just like I want my phone to be the same thing I want people to look at it and say that person has individuality!
I really hope that we don't become an Iphone community and that we can continue to be different from each other and strive for independence form one another. So for MY PART i will never jump ship to the Nexus just because it is less of a hassle I know that I am just one person and that I don't matter but I know that Humanity as a whole would still be marveling at the wagon wheel if we all just went along with the crowd and no one ever said I want to be different or I have a better idea !

A quickly forgotten X2 user.

Insidious

Reaction score
I'm no dev but I'm switching to the Nexus from the D2G. Don't get me wrong, the few dev's we have for the global are great. They've done alot that I appreciate because they took this phone from having zero dev support, to a manageable amount of ROMs. My mom has an X2 so I peak in on the X2 community from time to time and I see that it's sort of like the D2G of the new generation of Moto phones. Don't fret though. If the D2G gained dev support, then the X2 will.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Was at bestbuy yesterday and man...that RAZR and NEXUS looked real real nice...eye candy I call it. Every candy has it's gooey, sticky insides though...still holding my X2 down...no thanks.

Sent from my DROID X2

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I went from the x2 to the razr ....if I could go back I'd held off too..I love the razr but its data dropping is driving me nuts...even after the update ...still dropping data and navigation, Pandora, and speak to text do not work without data! So I can't even text on the road unless I type it in....which means I need to pull over....so about all you can do is use the phone in the car...and even that you can't initiate the call with speach ..unless you have data...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes i noticed a LOT of ROMs for the DX are stuck in place. A few Devs have tried to "step up" but I do feel kind of abandoned.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
My question is now; Has Motorola or Verizon been informed of any new issues since 2.3.4 and have they been testing any new builds/OTA's for the X2 since the last update?

Sent from my DROID X2

Pdizzles

Reaction score
What kind of problems are you experiencing?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

tamlin42

Reaction score
If being independent were that important to you, you would have learned to code and you'd be making your own ROM, which you may or may not have released to the public.
It seems to me you're just mad not everyone is stuck with the same phone you are and trying to guilt trip devs into spending their free time making ROMs for an unpopular device.
I don't want to start a flame war though so that's just my opinion.

03civicdx

Reaction score
If being independent were that important to you, you would have learned to code and you'd be making your own ROM, which you may or may not have released to the public.
It seems to me you're just mad not everyone is stuck with the same phone you are and trying to guilt trip devs into spending their free time making ROMs for an unpopular device.

I think the real problem is that some phones were donated to some of the dev. For what? Nothing so far. Although, there are still a few dev. Over on xda still working on an aosp ROM.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
azdrifter

azdrifter

Reaction score
You know that is a good Idea i think I will learn how to code so I can at least try to make a ROM, I guess it couldn't hurt?