Jumping ship from Liberty DX, just trying to get things in order

Osbor

Reaction score
my past few rom experiences have been horrible. when i changed over to liberty DX all my backups were corrupted and half my contacts gone, for instance.

i just want to do it RIGHT this time, so i'm asking about any potential pitfalls.
I'll be using titanium backup, and do a batch backup operation to grab all apps + data + system data. this is so i can keep stuff like backlogged text messages and (very importantly) calendar dates/alarms, as well as any data that each app would individually have (also important)

i'll be upgrading from Liberty DX version 2.0.1 running on android version 2.2.1 with kernel 2.6.32.9-g55626e1 w30471@il83lnxdroid08 #1 to CM7are there any potential pitfalls i should watch out for, like stuff that will brick my phone or destroy my backups or cause an unroot, anything like that

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You cannot restore system apps or data. You will get force closes'. Backup up texts with SMS Backup and Restore. Your contacts/calendar should be synced with your google account. Use Backup Bookmarks to backup your browser bookmarks.

OP
O

Osbor

Reaction score
You cannot restore system apps or data. You will get force closes'. Backup up texts with SMS Backup and Restore. Your contacts/calendar should be synced with your google account. Use Backup Bookmarks to backup your browser bookmarks.

oh, thanks for that. that might be what's causing my current liberty DX installation to be so slow

i'll start the backup process and see if anything goes wrong