Jellybean on Rezound!

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Looks like the guys over at xda got a working AOSP Jellybean rom released. I have not tried it yet but I know what I'll be doing for the new year. Shout out if anyone has tried it.
And sorry, I didn't post this in roms or development because there like ghost towns.

Coupe

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance on the issue, but what would I gain with JB?

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
I guess once I try jb I could answer a little better, but the main reason for me is to keep up with the times of the android/Google os. Apps like Google now, voice search, plus others that I have seen are optimized for and only available with jb roms.

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
4.2 also introduces lock screen widgets. I know beautiful widgets and hd widgets are already updated to support 4.2
However I don't think the jb roms available for the rezound are based on 4.2 :-(

Xander Crews

Reaction score
4.2 also introduces lock screen widgets. I know beautiful widgets and hd widgets are already updated to support 4.2
However I don't think the jb roms available for the rezound are based on 4.2 :-(

I am running ICS and using Nova Launcher and it has lock screen widgets...been using it for months.
I'd like to try out a JB room for better app support like Google Now & whatnot.

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
I am running ICS and using Nova Launcher and it has lock screen widgets...been using it for months.
I'd like to try out a JB room for better app support like Google Now & whatnot.

Can you use hd widgets with nova launchers lock screen, or does it have its own set of widgets?

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Can you use hd widgets with nova launchers lock screen, or does it have its own set of widgets?

Bah, my mistake. I was thinking shortcuts when I read "widgets".
I've been using Nova for so long, I forgot that shortcuts are available on the lock screen in stock ICS...thought it was part of Nova.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I would like the real JB on it.
And yes JB carries quite a difference to ICS. Mostly Project Butter and Google Now.
I dont understand how this phone will not receive JB. Makes no sense and it has more then enough specs to get it.:icon_cussing:

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Been running JB now for a couple days. Neo's mean horsey face aokp jb rom. Thing is blazing fast with excellent battery life. Features galore! Blue tooth calling doesn't work but I don't use it anyways. Couple other little bugs that will be addressed on next update. Otherwise very stable as a daily driver.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I dont understand how this phone will not receive JB. Makes no sense and it has more then enough specs to get it.:icon_cussing:

Take a gander at HTC's quarterly earnings reports and then realize they don't have the resources to update phones more than a year old. Bad business decision, perhaps, but I think it's mostly just reality.

For the life of me I don't know why the OEM's don't embrace the hacker community and make it easy to root and flash. It's a virtually free way to offload support for older devices. Come up with an easy one- or two-click solution that any novice could update their phone when they choose. The quality would be even better, too, if they made things easier and more accessible for developers.

Last edited:

armeddroid

Reaction score
Well their quarterly reports actually yielded a gain. The loss they had from November was around 61% now its like 20% meaning they lost less money. In other words, they are gaining the momentum back and making some money but they are still in the hole; just not as deep.
With that being said, if that is the reason why they cant do updates or anything...all i can say is......damn. And I was liking the Rezound but its just a replacement phone. I will wait till for the new devices this year.. Hopefully HTC and Moto do Nexus models this year. That would be nice. Curious on this Google X from Google/Moto.

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
JB 4.2.1 ROM out. Pure cm10.1 kang. Blue tooth calling works. Camcorder works in landscape. Video streaming good but not perfect. Awesome ROM

HowardZ

Reaction score
I have excellent experiences with aosp, cm9, aokp, and liquid on my old Motorola DROID x.

With the rezound I have been very disappointed with almost everything xda had to offer. I won't go into details, just a complete lack of qa, where even the developer didn't test it.

However, jelly beans on the rezound is really good.

[ROM][Unofficial] CM10.1 for HTC Rezound [2-9-13] - xda-developers

Only two problems.

First, the automatic restore of apps and settings by Google would totally and permanently break the play store. So I reflashed and set everything up manually including app installation.

Second I can not get my custom boot animation to work with the sound file.

Neither of these are really important.

I installed it yesterday.

Cm10.1 android 4.2 works decently with only about two crashes per day. Not bad, but if you want htc quality stay with stock.

Last edited: