jelly Belly

Hugg727

Reaction score
I have been running Jelly Belly since it came out with little to no problems. Currently running v3.6 and I can do the entire process in about 10 minutes. Of course the first time you flash JB coming from another rom, it will take longer because you NEED to backup everything to your PC and factory reset/wipe the phone.

Once you're on the rom just flash superwipe each time you upgrade
[TOOL]:: DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE / DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE :: [Updated!][6.16.2012] - xda-developers

These are my steps
  1. download latest JB build and recommended Google apps to computer
  2. Connect phone to pc via usb and place the 2 downloaded files into the root of your sd card
  3. Flash into recovery ( I am using CWM Touch)
  4. Flash superwipe (if you dont have it put it on your phone the same way you put the rom in there)
  5. Flash Jelly Belly
  6. Flash gapps
  7. reboot
The few random issues have been certain apps not coming back all the way after I flash the rom. I just restore them from Tibu after the reboot and all is well.

rjcapp

Reaction score
Hugg727 said:
I have been running Jelly Belly since it came out with little to no problems. Currently running v3.6 and I can do the entire process in about 10 minutes. Of course the first time you flash JB coming from another rom, it will take longer because you NEED to backup everything to your PC and factory reset/wipe the phone.

Once you're on the rom just flash superwipe each time you upgrade
[TOOL]:: DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE / DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE :: [Updated!][6.16.2012] - xda-developers

These are my steps
[*]download latest JB build and recommended Google apps to computer
[*]Connect phone to pc via usb and place the 2 downloaded files into the root of your sd card
[*]Flash into recovery ( I am using CWM Touch)
[*]Flash superwipe (if you dont have it put it on your phone the same way you put the rom in there)
[*]Flash Jelly Belly
[*]Flash gapps
[*]reboot
The few random issues have been certain apps not coming back all the way after I flash the rom. I just restore them from Tibu after the reboot and all is well.

Fix permissions too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
Why do have to connect phone to PC when flashing? I download the ROM, then enter recovery to wipe then install from zip. What is the advantage of doing it the other way? And how do you fix permissions?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why do have to connect phone to PC when flashing? I download the ROM, then enter recovery to wipe then install from zip. What is the advantage of doing it the other way? And how do you fix permissions?

Ignore that post. It's complete overkill. You can fix permissions in recovery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gmen1818

Reaction score
What's everybody's opinions on the best jelly bean ROMs and what are their cool features?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What's everybody's opinions on the best jelly bean ROMs and what are their cool features?
Just like choosing a phone, "best" is subjective when it comes to ROMs as well. I personally am running JellyBelly 3.6 and love it. Buttery smooth, stable, and no complaints. It's based off aosp so if you want something a bit more customizable then it may not be for you.

gmen1818

Reaction score
dezymond said:
Just like choosing a phone, "best" is subjective when it comes to ROMs as well. I personally am running JellyBelly 3.6 and love it. Buttery smooth, stable, and no complaints. It's based off aosp so if you want something a bit more customizable then it may not be for you.

I did have that one but then I switched to eos which feel the same to me with a little extra. For example, I like how in this one you can make it so it shows the battery percentage in the status bar right from the settings. So I'm just looking for some that are buttery smooth and have a little more cool features like thay

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I did have that one but then I switched to eos which feel the same to me with a little extra. For example, I like how in this one you can make it so it shows the battery percentage in the status bar right from the settings. So I'm just looking for some that are buttery smooth and have a little more cool features like thay
Well I'm personally waiting for Team Kang to release theirs. JellyBelly is a great way to hold me over along with the other two I have tried. However, this is the only one I tried ever since source was released.

Try a different kernel, I'm personally trying out Trinity kernel right now and it is definitely buttery smooth. Not a single hiccup.

gmen1818

Reaction score
dezymond said:
Well I'm personally waiting for Team Kang to release theirs. JellyBelly is a great way to hold me over along with the other two I have tried. However, this is the only one I tried ever since source was released.

Try a different kernel, I'm personally trying out Trinity kernel right now and it is definitely buttery smooth. Not a single hiccup.

Is there a link for that?

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
Can anyone direct me to the trinity kernel zip? I'm hearing it provides great battery life, but I can't find a download anywhere.

Hugg727

Reaction score

You dont have to connect it to the computer to flash. I just do that to get the zip files on the phone. I disconnect it from the pc while flashing and I fix permissions in my recovery

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Love the Trinity kernel so far. 4% battery life loss after 2.5hrs. Sent about 5 text messages and that's about it though, still standby time is amazing.

Hugg727

Reaction score
Love the Trinity kernel so far. 4% battery life loss after 2.5hrs. Sent about 5 text messages and that's about it though, still standby time is amazing.

What is the process for flashing a kernel like this? I am assuming you do it in recovery....CWM?

Thanks