Jelly Bean update

grolson

Reaction score
So my max has a build date of 6/2012 and theres still no JB update pushed yet, anyone know if we're close yet??

stemo

Reaction score
From what I've read the jelly bean update will be with the razr/razr maxx by the end of q1.

But there are those that have already downloaded the jelly beam update that was leaked out in December. I am one of those and I have ZERO problems with the leak.

OP
grolson

grolson

Reaction score
From what I've read the jelly bean update will be with the razr/razr maxx by the end of q1.

But there are those that have already downloaded the jelly beam update that was leaked out in December. I am one of those and I have ZERO problems with the leak.

Thanks for the update :biggrin:

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score

I read the same thing, too. There's a whole thread devoted to it as well about JB's release date.

If you have the skills, then install JB manually. The battery life is better. But I also found out that simply using SmartActions to disable features at the appropriate time helps this as well. For instance, if I'm at work, SmartActions will know this due to the GPS location. I also have another SmartAction called Inactive, which disables everything unless I'm using my phone. Everyone is different based on their situation. On the JB leak thread, I'd mentioned using JuiceDefender ultimate. I don't think with JB it does as much as increasing your battery life 2x as it claims but I could be wrong. Think about how you use your phone and create different SmartAction that will work in your situation. That'll help your battery life.

tygerchylde

Reaction score
You could also try Tasker. It has a steep learning curve, but it works way better than SmartActions IMHO.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score

I have problems with it. My stock calendar widget constantly flickers and my keyboard zooms in while typing. I'll type a couple of letters and all of a sudden my keyboard is about twice it's normal size and doesn't fit on the screen. Also, if I plug my phone into my computer via USB, it resets my phone sounds to default. I have also lost all sound on one occasion and had to restart my phone to get it back. I didn't have any of these issues while on ICS.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I have problems with it. My stock calendar widget constantly flickers and my keyboard zooms in while typing. I'll type a couple of letters and all of a sudden my keyboard is about twice it's normal size and doesn't fit on the screen. Also, if I plug my phone into my computer via USB, it resets my phone sounds to default. I have also lost all sound on one occasion and had to restart my phone to get it back. I didn't have any of these? issues while on ICS.

just out of curiosity, did you do a factory reset after the upgrade? Have you done one since to try to clear the issue?

Stock keyboard?

We are the Droid!! You will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
just out of curiosity, did you do a factory reset after the upgrade? Have you done one since to try to clear the issue?

Stock keyboard?

Yes to all questions.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Very interesting post I received from Motorola Mobility concerning the JB Update for the Razr/Razr Maxx.

https://plus.google.com/11388456656...con&utm_medium=chrome_app&utm_campaign=chrome

Summary: I asked if those who received the leaked JB update at Christmas, would they receive the official OTA when it is released? They answered with: "Hello. All DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola owners will be on the same version of Jelly Bean once the full Android™ 4.1 upgrade takes place in Q1 of 2013. Thanks"

I could interpret that as, if you have the leaked version, the OTA will be the same. And they did put in the Q1 2013 release timeframe.

**Update: I replied back asking for clarification, if a user had the leaked version, sent out on Christmas, would they receive another update or just use what they have now?***

I will let you know what they say, if they reply.

**Update: They said they would have more information at the time of the rollout. If there is an updated version, everyone would get that.

So now it is hard to say if they will make any changes to the leaked version. But it appears that if you are on the leaked 4.1 version, and there are changes then you would get the latest update.

Last edited:

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I was at a Verizon store today, they told me that the RAZR maxx and original RAZR had already been updated to jelly bean a month ago. I said there was an accidental unofficial release in December, they told me that there was an official release a month ago.

Goes to show what they really know!!

Krenzy

Reaction score
The Maxx HD and RAZR HD were upgraded a month ago...they can be pretty clueless sometimes

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
That's what I told them, they tried arguing with me, they lost!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Excellent news Redsnk95...and you've confirmed my suspicions as well!