Jelly Bean Source Code Drops For Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S3

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
s3_1.jpeg

Twas the day after Christmas and all through the news, nothing was happening, not even a ruse. That was horrendous and since you had to deal with that atrocity we do have a bit of good news for developer's carrying Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S3. The handset which was recently updated to Android 4.1, now has matching source code. Samsung released the Jelly Bean-based source this morning (Software Version LK3), and you can get it at the source link we have provided below.

[DOWNLOAD LK3]

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
good for the devs :)

_33

Reaction score
Forgive me for being an idiot, but does this contain all the bloat that VZW piles on?

VOATMJ1

Reaction score
Don't want to sound stupid, but is this someting that we install on the phone? Download to the phone and does it auto install? Sorry, I am not a phone guru. Thanks!

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Forgive me for being an idiot, but does this contain all the bloat that VZW piles on?
No, this is just the source code, Verizon bloat is something you get once Verizon is finished with the code by installing their bloat ware on top of the source code.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't want to sound stupid, but is this someting that we install on the phone? Download to the phone and does it auto install? Sorry, I am not a phone guru. Thanks!

no it si something devs use to build roms etc..

_33

Reaction score
No, this is just the source code, Verizon bloat is something you get once Verizon is finished with the code by installing their bloat ware on top of the source code.

Thanks! Does this mean a stock non-bloated ROM may come out soon? I miss the stock camera and a few of the other things. Running AOKP now and it works wonderful, just the camera is missing some features from the stock ROM.

BlacknTan

Reaction score
Thanks! Does this mean a stock non-bloated ROM may come out soon? I miss the stock camera and a few of the other things. Running AOKP now and it works wonderful, just the camera is missing some features from the stock ROM.

It means that AOKP and Cyanogen (and any other roms built from source) will now have source code from JB to work with so it will help them build roms for this phone.