lumpysherman

Reaction score
Using stock kernel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
lumpysherman

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Anybody seeing issues with 7/13 build? I'm seeing apps acting strange. Example: angry birds Rio just loops when opening, sirius xm pause doesn't work on hitting home, just closes.

coupon

Reaction score
native tethering works great. anything involving voice commands doesnt seem to work..which sucks because thats a huge feature in 4.1. it can tell when youre talking and starts transcribing it but it doesnt know that you stopped talking and keeps listening for you to talk

spider210

Reaction score
Foxfi doesn't work for tethering and having like 1sec delays with Bluetooth audio

xxacexx2

Reaction score
Can anyone PLEASE assist. Ever since I flashed this ROM, I can't hear any sound during phone calls. To hear the other person, I have to put it on speaker. I even cleared partitio+delvik, did a factory reset and reflashed and it's the same thing. It's getting wayyyyyy too frustrating. PLEASE HELP

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can anyone PLEASE assist. Ever since I flashed this ROM, I can't hear any sound during phone calls. To hear the other person, I have to put it on speaker. I even cleared partitio+delvik, did a factory reset and reflashed and it's the same thing. It's getting wayyyyyy too frustrating. PLEASE HELP

I suppose try another ROM, but when my Nexus did that, it was a hardware failure. I could only hear people if they were on speaker.

xxacexx2

Reaction score
I suppose try another ROM, but when my Nexus did that, it was a hardware failure. I could only hear people if they were on speaker.

So what did you do when that happened? Just flash another ROM? Any other JB ROMS you would suggest? haha now that i've had JB, I don't wanna go back to ICS!!!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what did you do when that happened? Just flash another ROM? Any other JB ROMS you would suggest? haha now that i've had JB, I don't wanna go back to ICS!!!

I'm running Pete's JB, but I've heard nothing but good things about Jelly Belly. You can go to Rootzwiki and download it. And I didn't do anything. One day my sound just stopped working unless I put it on speaker.

xxacexx2

Reaction score
I'm running Pete's JB, but I've heard nothing but good things about Jelly Belly. You can go to Rootzwiki and download it. And I didn't do anything. One day my sound just stopped working unless I put it on speaker.

Alright thanks! I just downloaded Jelly Belly, but before I flash, do you know if it is compatible with the Verizon model? I don't know if thats something i should even worry about

rebretz000

Reaction score
Alright thanks! I just downloaded Jelly Belly, but before I flash, do you know if it is compatible with the Verizon model? I don't know if thats something i should even worry about
I've flash Jelly Belly this morning and my phone went bat crap crazy. Couldn't even boot up the phone after I flashed the ROM. Got stuck in recovery.
The only JB ROM I've used and had no trouble with is Xenon HD 7-15-2012 build. Scratch that, had a little trouble, don't use Glados kernel with it.

coolkidd

Reaction score
Did any one of you tried to change the bootanimation in BBJelly? Having a hard time changing it.... I've tried the "system>media" and the "install from zip" method to no avail.. Any advice?

OP
lumpysherman

lumpysherman

Reaction score
I changed mine to the ICS animation using ROM Toolbox pro. Many choice to choose from and other does the dirty work for you. Still doesn't speed up the slow boot.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I changed mine to the ICS animation using ROM Toolbox pro. Many choice to choose from and other does the dirty work for you. Still doesn't speed up the slow boot.

The slow boot is a weird one that I don't know if it has been 100% verified as to what is happening.

What at least part of the problem is, is that e2fsck (file system check) is run on boot. If there is an error or the device wasn't shut down properly then there potentially could be long boot times.

There are many folks who have faith in TWRP over Clockworkmod (and vice-versa) and/or believe the JB bootloader is a savior. Some say using the superwipe script helps when flashing a ROM. Some when they reboot, reboot into TWRP, then reboot the system from there, and say that works.

There may be more to it, perhaps even a more definite explanation of the problem and solution out there.