Jelly Bean 4.1.1

lumpysherman

Reaction score
How's everybody liking Bugless Beast JB?
Myself am loving it. Snappy, fast, and rock solid with no issues so far. Another masterpiece by Pete! Go get it if you already haven't. Be sure to do a backup and complete wipe before installing per Pete's recommendation. You won't be disappointed.DancingNexus

bitter

Reaction score
I plan on trying this out tonight. Long time BB fan here. One question, did he add advanced boot options?

OP
lumpysherman

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Not looking like it, very clean and basic ROM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
lumpysherman

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Just had a random reboot while listening to sirius xm. Haven't seen that since froyo.

Split630

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with YouTube. It seems as though any time I adjust the volume during a video playback the app crashes. I've tried force stop and clear data that did nothing. It also shows the app isn't compatible with my version in The Play store. YouTube also crashed once while using Google Music, YouTube wasn't even running. Any thoughts? Thanks all.

OP
lumpysherman

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Pete posted an update last night that fixes issues with YouTube and wifi. Go grab it and see if it helps.

OP
lumpysherman

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Don't use tethering so I can't help you.

hacku

Reaction score
For some reason I had an issue with Petes ROM when the phone went through the activation process. At first, it sits in the Activation screen for about 5 minutes before it tells me to restart because it's having problems. Once the phone restarts, everything seems to be fine until I try to make a phone call.

4G data works just fine while browsing online of downloading from the Play Store, but if I try sending a text or making a phone call it doesn't work. The system thinks the phone isn't active yet. So I wiped everything, re-flashed the ROM and had the same issue. Tried a factory reset and same thing.

I finally installed Jelly Belly v3.3 and everything went through smoothly. I heard some other people were having the same issue on other ROM's, but it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.

Hopefully they get this bug figured out so I can load this ROM again.

holla420

Reaction score
i have giving up on all jb roms.i tried damn near all jb roms out atm and all of them fail to keep a singal.i would miss phone calls,lose singal when i shouldnt be.i love jb i do but not being able to receive phone calls and no connections randomly isnt kool at all.so i'ma stick to jb unless i can find that one thats has solid data/singal connections

Graymayre

Reaction score
Post some images. I only just got ICS and just learned JB is already on its way. I want to see it

Driod Bionic ICED 232

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Post some images. I only just got ICS and just learned JB is already on its way. I want to see it

Driod Bionic ICED 232

It doesn't look a whole lot different. But here is a review which has images and videos of some of the changes, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean review | The Verge and here is a changelog of sorts Android - Android 4.1, Jelly Bean (no pictures there).

*Edit* If you are on a Bionic, it could look a little different as Moto has a slight tweak on ICS compared to stock.

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Reaction score
I am extremely impressed with this ROM. It is so quick and so responsive... it literally embarrasses ICS. I am in love with all the new Jelly Bean features, even the translate voicemail to text in an email, and I can pull down the menu bar and see a full text! These features aren't big, but are cool for me and saves me time on the phone (It's little features like these that come with the ROM, which is very cool) so I can get back to doing what I was doing. But seriously, my phone is wicked fast. I have some gripes about it... I need a clean, easy way to just turn on 4G if I need to. To conserve battery life, I usually leave my phone on 3G (set in settings) or WiFi. I downloaded an app for it, but it drives me crazy that I need an app for what I want to do.

Also... Light Flow is busted on JB. The developer is aware of it and is working on it.

Last edited: