Jealous of my wifes D2G

Reaction score
Recently got my wife a D2G and I have to say, I'm pretty jealous. Don't get me wrong, I love my X but the global is just a sweet phone. It feels solid and well made. Very impressed with this phone. You guys are lucky.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

tebower

Reaction score
My call quality on my D2G is great. Even before the OTA update that was supposed to fix it, I never noticed a drop in call quality coming from my D1.

I have handled and played with the DX multiple times, and it has a nice screen. However, it completely annoys me that the screen size increases by 30% but the pixel density was the same as my Droid. Also I want a hard keyboard.

The D2G is an underappreciated phone to be sure. At CES, some other 1.2Ghz phone was advertised as the first 1.2Ghz phone on the market, and I felt bad for my phone. Someone at VZW should have corrected them.

patfactorx

Reaction score
Yeah my wife especially wants the keyboard. Onscreen is weaksauce

OP
L
Reaction score
She wanted a keyboard and forgets she has it... Women....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

speltrong

Reaction score
The X shoots 720p video. D2G doesn't. D2G has a better (5mp) still camera, though. If the X had been Global, I would have stressed a lot about which one to get - they're both great phones.

Jordan8

Reaction score
Reaction score

speltrong

Reaction score
A good vertical keyboard is my favorite (Droid Pro, Blackberry, Blackjack, Treo). Not willing to give up the screen real estate for it anymore, but if I were a heavy device typer, I wouldn't be able to live without it. I was probably getting 50-60WPM on my Treo 650. Dropped to 2WPM as soon as I got my iPhone, slowly got used to it and probably got up to 20-30 at my best. Now I get about 15 on my two week old D2G. I hate how much distance is between the keys on a horizontal keyboard (slows typing way down), but it's still better than tapping the screen for me (even with haptics).

jnashr

Reaction score
The X shoots 720p video. D2G doesn't. D2G has a better (5mp) still camera, though. If the X had been Global, I would have stressed a lot about which one to get - they're both great phones.

I thought the d2 and d2g had the same camera as the d1......if so, then I assure you it does not have a better still camera. The camera on the d1 sucked for anything that did not have optimal lighting.

speltrong

Reaction score

I thought the d2 and d2g had the same camera as the d1......if so, then I assure you it does not have a better still camera. The camera on the d1 sucked for anything that did not have optimal lighting.

Yes, the D1 camera sucked, and the Droid X is in the same boat because those dumbasses catered to the marketers that wanted a larger megapixel number to slap on their box. With current sensor tech, cramming more than 5MP into a (physically) tiny sensor means more noise and worse low-light performance. The images I've shot with my Droid 2 Global are way better than anything I've seen out of my friends' Droid X (or either of my D1 friends' phones) especially in low-light conditions with no flash. I believe the D2G has built-in image stabilization where the X doesn't - that also may be a factor.

I don't know whether it's because of a new chip, new lens, or new software (or some combination), but the image quality I get out of my D2G is great for a phone, and I've heard nothing but complaints from all my friends with DXs and D1s

jbdow

Reaction score
Interesting info about the camera comparison - i would have thought 8mp would
just have to be better than 5... and btw i love the physical keyboard too - more buttons
to push...:)