JB update problem.....

sober

Reaction score
Used fxz to reset phone back to stock. Previously had swype beta installed, but is now removed. When i try to update to JB i get a status 7 error message
saying it cant find the webtop swype app or something to that effect......webtop/app/swype.apk.

Any suggestions?

di0de

Reaction score
Used fxz to reset phone back to stock. Previously had swype beta installed, but is now removed. When i try to update to JB i get a status 7 error message
saying it cant find the webtop swype app or something to that effect......webtop/app/swype.apk.

Any suggestions?

Yep, I had this exact issue and forgot I had disabled webtop with my previous House of Bionic install. I downloaded the FULL FXZ of the final ICS build (stock) and made sure to leave webtop enabled in HoB, FXZ'd, then installed JB no issues. I did forget to run the OTA rootkeeper though and am unfortunately not rooted at the moment. :( GL

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
If JB did not install, than fxz it again with the file & standard fxz proces with the link in my sig below instead off HOB.
There was someone else with the same error that fxz a second time than installed JB again & it all went perfect.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Got the exact same error, but I did not disable webtop in HOB when I last ran it. I'll have to wait until tomorrow when I'm near a PC to run HOB again and repair webtop, then try again I suppose.

Rawk3rSix

Reaction score
I hate starting over =/ I rooted my Bionic, I also have Root Keeper, never uninstalled anything--only froze. Update came around, I unfroze everything, ran Root Keeper, tried the update, but it still failed =( I hate FXZing because I know I'll have to do EVERYTHING all over again. Including root
There's got to be another way right? Right..??