January Snow Report starring Droid 2!

author

Reaction score
[video=youtube;JDZRrl1Fiws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDZRrl1Fiws]YouTube - January Snow Report[/video]

the Droid 2 with a SwitchEasy thumbtack mike and the Hi-Q recorder app provides very professional remote audio for videos!

--Ralph

OP
author

author

Reaction score
how does this work with video camera's? Does it connect or something?

no, the whole point is NO direct connection, i.e. "remote" audio.

nothing new in the technique, movies have been made this way since the 1920s when "talkies" first came in. ... you use a clapper board or snap your fingers (as I did) to give a sync point. Then when editing the video, just slide the audio track so that it matches up with video. Simple, fast, powerful.

the Droid does very professional quality sound recording. Wonderful adjunct for those of us who do professional video work.

--Ralph

rollingrock

Reaction score
how does this work with video camera's? Does it connect or something?

no, the whole point is NO direct connection, i.e. "remote" audio.

nothing new in the technique, movies have been made this way since the 1920s when "talkies" first came in. ... you use a clapper board or snap your fingers (as I did) to give a sync point. Then when editing the video, just slide the audio track so that it matches up with video. Simple, fast, powerful.

the Droid does very professional quality sound recording. Wonderful adjunct for those of us who do professional video work.

--Ralph

ah I get it now, thanks, I may have to try that sometime. Dumb camera question then, do you turn the audio off the video camera?

OP
author

author

Reaction score

ah I get it now, thanks, I may have to try that sometime. Dumb camera question then, do you turn the audio off the video camera?[/QUOTE]

When I'm sure I've got a good sync, I delete the camera's audio track.

--Ralph