JailBreak, Root, Recovery for Galaxy Note 2 on Latest VRALL4 OTA Update!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
note21.jpg

A few weeks ago the dev community of the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 was in an uproar. Verizon decided to unleash an update that patched the unlock bootloader exploit! This was really no surprise to anyone. Verizon has been known to sneak in patches to kill Root, and unlocked bootloaders in the past. Known developer "Adam Outler" the guy who unlocked the Note2 initially announced that the update should not be accepted because it would lock down the bootloader. He also let everyone know that he along side developer "Ralekdev" were hard at work to regain unlocked bootloader status. Just a few days after the OTA was released the new CasualRoot was released! It is now safe to accept the OTA update to VRALL4. You can find instructions on Unlocking the Bootloader, Rooting, and installing TWRP Recovery at the source link below. The method is easier than ever. It does require that you have java installed if on windows.

Via XDA

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jail break? This would be an android forum my friend :)

No kidding. Adam outlet posted it as a "jailbreak" so that no one would be confused. It is now illegal to unlock your phone. Not unlocking the boot loader as this method does but unlocking the carrier. I think Adam just wanted to avoid confusion.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
No kidding. Adam outlet posted it as a "jailbreak" so that no one would be confused. It is now illegal to unlock your phone. Not unlocking the boot loader as this method does but unlocking the carrier. I think Adam just wanted to avoid confusion.

LOL, i see :)