Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Bootloader Unlock Method will Go Live Tomorrow! via Adam Outler

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

Adam outler has done it again! This time he aims to teach the likes of Samsung and Verizon a lesson. The userfriendly Bootloader Unlock method for the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 will go live tomorrow as planned. It is completed and a video guide will be posted at XDATV. Apparently If something goes wrong during the bootloader unlock process you will be able to return it to Verizon and it will appear to an undetectable hardware malfunction. Adam also sent Samsung a message urging them to please consider leaking bootloader unlocks for all future devices! That'll teach em!

Via Google+

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
...Apparently If something goes wrong during the bootloader unlock process you will be able to return it to Verizon and it will appear to an undetectable hardware malfunction...

Bricking your device and returning it under warranty just doesn't sit right with me.

branson-approval.gif

On the other hand, the only reason the bootloader is locked to begin with is because of Verizon so maybe they should replace it...

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bricking your device and returning it under warranty just doesn't sit right with me.

On the other hand, the only reason the bootloader is locked to begin with is because of Verizon so maybe they should replace it...

Right... every other carrier comes bootloader unlocked. I personally would not condone returning a bricked device. I had to eat $300 on a bricked Transformer Prime once I ended up selling it for parts.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

branson-approval.gif

Love the Gif...I'll be accosting it for my own future use as well! LOL! Good one. And I agree with your first comment. The second...not so much.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Inflicting a little pain upon vzw? Why would anyone want to do that?! :icon_ devil:

geoff5093

Reaction score
I blame Verizon for forcing us to use third party tools to unlock our Note 2's, when every other carrier comes unlocked.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;n9u11EyOaBY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9u11EyOaBY&feature=player_embedded[/video]