It's Sunday, 2/6... Who went to Best Buy?

hdeez

Reaction score
Just pre-ordered mine and I was the first in that BB to preorder. The girl had no clue what was going on. Anyway I got the reciept and I am awaiting the call. No activation fee for existing verizon customers.

Sara77

Reaction score
Did they tell you the 14th? That's what I was told and wondering if there is consistency among the BB stores.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Thevaristy

Reaction score
The lady who handled mine knew nothing. About nothing. She had to ask another rep to find out what I was even talking about.

Thevaristy

Reaction score
New unboxing video up!

[video=youtube;LraU4akIokU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraU4akIokU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

hdeez

Reaction score
Yea, I asked her the date and she went to this BB forum page and scrolled through some posts and said, "thats what everyone else is asking too"...................... Soooo, that was that. Believe me I cant wait anymore either. This will be my first smartphone and I have been holding out for this one. I have a friggin Samsung Trance right now, haha.

Effington

Reaction score
How can you guys pre-order something when the release date is vapor at this point?

Screw Verizon. Screw Best Buy. I'm not doing a thing until a release date is announced and I'm seriously considering just sticking with AT&T at right now.

hdeez

Reaction score
I agree it does piss me off too..... but I had a $50 gift certificate sitting in my wallet and I just gave her that. She gave me another one back. So in the long run I really didnt give them anything and I get the choice of buying it from BB or just using the gift certificate that I already had on something else.

shaddix2

Reaction score
I preordered because verizon said it was delayed while best buy still says it's coming out on the 14th.

I have to switch because I don't even get data service from ATT here.

derekmiller12

Reaction score
HTC just tweeted "Only 6 more days! Any idea what we are up to? Best keep an eye on Facebook" 6 Days is the 14th... This could be the Thunderbolt...

Effington

Reaction score
HTC just tweeted "Only 6 more days! Any idea what we are up to? Best keep an eye on Facebook" 6 Days is the 14th... This could be the Thunderbolt...

HTC has lots of stuff coming out next week, it won't necessarily be the Thunderbolt.

detox

Reaction score
So much negativity in this thread. Wow. If your not interested in the tb or don't have anything good to say, why post it. I'll be excited for this phone no matter what anyone has to say. #Justsayin

sent from my X

bassJAM

Reaction score
After watching that unboxing vid I didn't notice a sim card. Is that just because it's a "pre-production phone" or will we not get a sim card in the box? Will we have to go to a Verizon store to get one? I assume sim cards are a new thing to Verizon with the TB, all I know is my Samsung Trance doesn't have one.

Reaction score

HTC has lots of stuff coming out next week, it won't necessarily be the Thunderbolt.
What else do they have coming?

Was wondering this also?

Man I hope this f'in thing comes next week...I just shattered the screen on my Incredible (my first drop EVER absolutely SHATTERS the screen, I've never seen anything like it, phone still functions perfectly thank goodness) and pre-ordered the TB at Bestbuy...they told me the 14th like everyone else.

Poster JFMFT - I read in another thread you are a Verizon employee, thought maybe I'd pose this question to you.
I have no insurance on my plan so I can't use that for my shattered Incredible. Since I am due for an upgrade I thought I'd just wait it out a week for the TB. But if the TB is delayed, I'm stuck with a busted looking phone for longer. I was thinking - could I just 'upgrade' to a brand new Incredible or hell even an iPhone but return it within 30 days and get the TB (assuming the TB comes out within 30 days)? Does that 30 day 'grace period' still apply? I was in too big of hurry at the Verizon store to ask yesterday.

Thanks!

BornToSynthesize

Reaction score
What else do they have coming?

Was wondering this also?

Man I hope this f'in thing comes next week...I just shattered the screen on my Incredible (my first drop EVER absolutely SHATTERS the screen, I've never seen anything like it, phone still functions perfectly thank goodness) and pre-ordered the TB at Bestbuy...they told me the 14th like everyone else.

Poster JFMFT - I read in another thread you are a Verizon employee, thought maybe I'd pose this question to you.
I have no insurance on my plan so I can't use that for my shattered Incredible. Since I am due for an upgrade I thought I'd just wait it out a week for the TB. But if the TB is delayed, I'm stuck with a busted looking phone for longer. I was thinking - could I just 'upgrade' to a brand new Incredible or hell even an iPhone but return it within 30 days and get the TB (assuming the TB comes out within 30 days)? Does that 30 day 'grace period' still apply? I was in too big of hurry at the Verizon store to ask yesterday.

Thanks!

From what I've been reading, its no longer 30 days. It is a 14 day grace period now.