It's Official + Owe It to Yourself

luv2increase

Reaction score
After having left Fission for Rubix back when Fission was on version 1.0, Im extremely content in saying that Im back. In that period, ive also tested just about all the other ROMs.

The last greatest ROM I tried was DarkSlide. It was a premium ROM. It was a phenomenal ROM and still is.

However, the speed was literally NOT anything near what Fission 2.5.7 is. The thing is though is that I actually thought it was really quick while using it. I didn't realize what I was missing until I installed Fission.

You have to download the Fission ROM Manager to get Fission. It is awesome. It blows away the regular ROM manager. FRM is obviously only for Fission/Fusion while the other is for everything.

I BEG any of you who hasn't tried Fission yet to download their Gingerbread themed goodness TODAY!

FYI, If you absolutely need blur, then install Fusion.

View attachment 24892

View attachment 24893

View attachment 24894

View attachment 24896

Sent via DX equipped with Fission Reactor Technology

cruckus

Reaction score
Both are good roms had and used both but we will see if my liberty rom ever finishes downloading!

OP
L

luv2increase

Reaction score
I will continue to stay true to my Darkslide, flawless :)

It is a great ROM just literally no kidding about half as fast as Fission.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i used fission, but being able to add my facebook contacts right into my contact list is literally the most useful thing on my phone. so i need a ROM that supports that, and the one ive found that does that the best is ApeX.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will continue to stay true to my Darkslide, flawless :)

It is a great ROM just literally no kidding about half as fast as Fission.

Ummm, fast? How fast do people need their phone to be? Mine is as quick as I can process what is happening. And I can get up to 3 days of battery with Darkslide + my setup. I'm set :)

I don't over/underclock or nothing and my phone is as speedy as can be. I'm sure Fission is great, but I don't believe its the best. There are a LOT of good ROM's out there.

And now there's Liberty, which I'm sure is gonna be excellent. JMO.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

Arcstriker

Reaction score
i used fission, but being able to add my facebook contacts right into my contact list is literally the most useful thing on my phone. so i need a ROM that supports that, and the one ive found that does that the best is ApeX.

I've installed Fission, and as far as Facebook goes... I love it. Now I can actually use the Android Facebook Account and use the option of either Syncing all facebook contacts, or just the existing ones, which is a HUGE problem with Motorola's Social Networking Account.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
I've also tried a LOT of ROMS, most of which just relied on Launchers to make them look good... However Using Fission is AWESOME!! Not only does it run fast, smooth, and flawless... But the ROM Manager for it is also awesome, easily swapping Themes, or addons. The whole thing is just very well set up. I'm so happy with my Droid X right now, now I can hold off until the new phones come out!

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
Ummm, fast? How fast do people need their phone to be? Mine is as quick as I can process what is happening. And I can get up to 3 days of battery with Darkslide + my setup. I'm set :)

I don't over/underclock or nothing and my phone is as speedy as can be. I'm sure Fission is great, but I don't believe its the best. There are a LOT of good ROM's out there.

What is your setup if you dont mind my asking, you could pm me. I jsut did darkslide and am new. I would like some ideas. thank you

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

What is your setup if you dont mind my asking, you could pm me. I jsut did darkslide and am new. I would like some ideas. thank you

First... I have the BH6X 1930 mAh extended battery. Not a big one, but helps a little.

Second, I'm not on my phone constantly. I make and take a lot of phone calls, but phone calls don't use display.

Third, I DON'T under/overclock my phone. There is no need for it. I don't use taskillers or battery management apps. They are just more apps running.

Fourth, I freeze EVERYTHING I'm not using. The list is about 20 apps long, and that's not including the bloatware that's removed. To name a few, news/weather widget, music, media share, blockbuster, anything amazon, radio and that's just a few. If your not using it, why have it on?

Hope that helps a little.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
when u say freeze...do mean "example.apk.bak" or "example.bak"

First... I have the BH6X 1930 mAh extended battery. Not a big one, but helps a little.

Second, I'm not on my phone constantly. I make and take a lot of phone calls, but phone calls don't use display.

Third, I DON'T under/overclock my phone. There is no need for it. I don't use taskillers or battery management apps. They are just more apps running.

Fourth, I freeze EVERYTHING I'm not using. The list is about 20 apps long, and that's not including the bloatware that's removed. To name a few, news/weather widget, music, media share, blockbuster, anything amazon, radio and that's just a few. If your not using it, why have it on?

Hope that helps a little.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
@Porterhouse0. Yes, that works as well. I freeze them with the paid version of Titanium Backup. Its quicker to defrost them all in batch versus renaming them all. But renaming is just as effective.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
so it doesnt matter which one i type...if i wanted to "freeze" radio i could type, "radio.apk.bak" or "radio.bak"??

@Porterhouse0. Yes, that works as well. I freeze them with the paid version of Titanium Backup. Its quicker to defrost them all in batch versus renaming them all. But renaming is just as effective.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
so it doesnt matter which one i type...if i wanted to "freeze" radio i could type, "radio.apk.bak" or "radio.bak"??

Delete the (apk) part and type bak.

So radio.bak. Then change it back when you need. It will probably stock it at the bottom of you app list.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
cool man thanks for the info

Delete the (apk) part and type bak.

So radio.bak. Then change it back when you need. It will probably stock it at the bottom of you app list.