It's not your dream phone, it's the one after...

goathog02

Reaction score
I figured it out. 18 months ago, everyones dream phone was a VZW was the iPhone. Well, since the Thunderbolt is looking like it is coming out in March (after the iPhone), there you go.

What do I win? :icon_ banana:dancedroid

Last edited:

toddabuilder

Reaction score
Funny way to connect the dots! Waiting to see when it actually is released and what the battery life is like, but this moght be the phone for me. Only time will tell.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I figured it out. 18 months ago, everyones dream phone was a VZW was the iPhone. Well, since the Thunderbolt is looking like it is coming out in March (after the iPhone), there you go.

What do I win? :icon_ banana:dancedroid

Ding ding ding, nope, nothing behind door #1. I have never dreamed of an iPhone, lol. Despise them actually. I was happy with my little BB 8110 at&t while everyone was drooling over the iPhone. Stuck with it for 3 years till the DX was released. Couldn't be happier.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

Reaction score
No matter how much I wish I could see this phone in late January or early February, it looks like it will not be released until early March. There is a Thunderbolt on sale on ebay, but the seller says the buyer will not be able to receive it until then (he said the buyer should receive it on or before March 8th). I sent him a message, and here is what it said:

(Me)
"How come the shipping timeframe is not until March 8th? Is this phone not
being officially released for sale until the end of February, early March?
I've been very interested in it for months now."

(Seller)
"Yes. It is projected to be released end of Feb. or early March. If details
change and the date is earlier then i will ship the phone sooner...if i send it now and you hook it up Verizon will shut down your account."

**Therefore, my personal projection is March 3-4 for release date. No earlier than February 24-25.

OP
G

goathog02

Reaction score
No matter how much I wish I could see this phone in late January or early February, it looks like it will not be released until early March. There is a Thunderbolt on sale on ebay, but the seller says the buyer will not be able to receive it until then (he said the buyer should receive it on or before March 8th). I sent him a message, and here is what it said:

(Me)
"How come the shipping timeframe is not until March 8th? Is this phone not
being officially released for sale until the end of February, early March?
I've been very interested in it for months now."

(Seller)
"Yes. It is projected to be released end of Feb. or early March. If details
change and the date is earlier then i will ship the phone sooner...if i send it now and you hook it up Verizon will shut down your account."

**Therefore, my personal projection is March 3-4 for release date. No earlier than February 24-25.

Just bc some jack hole on eBay says a date, doesnt make it so.
Ask him for a pic in front of a tv newscast w/today's date on the screen. I am willing to bet he doesn't have one in hand yet.

toddabuilder

Reaction score
Just bc some jack hole on eBay says a date, doesnt make it so.
Ask him for a pic in front of a tv newscast w/today's date on the screen. I am willing to bet he doesn't have one in hand yet.

Lol! Sounds like a hostage situation.:biggrin:

For me the bigger issue is pricing for the 4G service. Where I live isn't on the list for 4G for 2011 at all. I'm currently 100 miles away from the closest 4G area. I can't see paying a premium for the two years it takes for the service to be in my area. Pretty disappointed Verizon wasn't prepared to release the pricing and plans at CES. I'm afraid it indicates there will be a premium with caps.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Is there a physical list or are you speaking metaphorically? And yeah if 4G is capped/a rip off then the Droid incredible is as close to a "dream phone" as I'm going to get....

But maybe the eBay guy is just saying March because, well, there's no way the thunderbolt will be delayed past march.

And let me remind everyone that the Thunderbolt is in Verizon's computer system, accessories are being sold for it, and they are advertising it, on droidforums.net even, as well as the rolling stone. Yeah, sounds like a march release to me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Last week I saw a physical list of cities for the second round of LTE deployment, but I forget which one of the tech blogs I saw it on. It shouldn't be too hard to find with a Google search, and I would check places like Engadget and BGR first. I just know that my city wasn't on the second list, even though our airport was on the first list that was posted back in December. Hopefully it will be here sometime in mid-late 2011.

toddabuilder

Reaction score
Is there a physical list or are you speaking metaphorically? And yeah if 4G is capped/a rip off then the Droid incredible is as close to a "dream phone" as I'm going to get....

But maybe the eBay guy is just saying March because, well, there's no way the thunderbolt will be delayed past march.

And let me remind everyone that the Thunderbolt is in Verizon's computer system, accessories are being sold for it, and they are advertising it, on droidforums.net even, as well as the rolling stone. Yeah, sounds like a march release to me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

The list i refered to was on Verizons site. if you click on the 4G ad then click on the a map with the current coverage. After it the map comes up there is a tab for comeing soon.

motty69

Reaction score
4G coverage maps

VZW's 4G coverage info can be found here;

4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

Just click the "Coming Soon" tab on the top right to get a list of cities getting LTE this year.

KnoxVegas is getting it so I'm excited for my upgrade in May. :icon_ banana:

Raptor007

Reaction score
Neither am I but I am getting tired of the phone arms race so the TB will actually hold me over nicely for a while. The current 4G list is only for the 1st half of 2011, they have not announced the second half of 2011.