It is possible tha th Moto Droid can go out of fasion?

erikfig

Reaction score
I'm pretty impressed with this phone day by day but... it is possible that with the new phones the developers forget about the Moto Droid???

Please tell me no... I don't see an reason why to upgrade to new phone, the Droid is Super powerful!!

thorn11166

Reaction score
no, the droid is like the nexus, its going to continue to be updated and still be more powerful than alot of devices to come, i honestly think that in 6 months that the droid will still be more powerful than most smartphones to come to market.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no google is still making phones that run android so if they make an update for that, it will most likely come out for the droid. no worries :)

Reaction score
i think it got till the end of 2010 then its a rap with Motorola Droid Pro coming at the end of this year with a 2ghz processor the droid, no matter how much i love it, will be pushed to the wayside.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. That's how fashion works. If you bought the Droid only because it's fashionable then you bought it for the wrong reason IMO.

Usefulness, on the other hand...

SiLVERFIRE

Reaction score
What about the Droid Incredible and Droid X? I mean I don't really care for them at all because I love the physical keyboard on my Moto Droid. The only thing that makes me a tad envious is the processor power, but even then I have SetCPU and Smoked Glass 6.0.1 rooted.

Darkseider

Reaction score
The Moto Droid will continue to be a powerhouse for the foreseeable future. Probably not until this time next year will you see a TRUE successor to the Droid. The reason I say this is that even though the Droid 2 is going to be an excellent device it is little more than a hardware refresh of the Droid. When the Droid Pro / God Phone comes out that is when a true successor to the Droid will be here.

MJ5150

Reaction score
Yep. The Droid will be out of style by the end of the calendar year 2010. I know I will have moved on to something newer by then.

-Mike

scrizzo

Reaction score
Absolutely. That's how fashion works. If you bought the Droid only because it's fashionable then you bought it for the wrong reason IMO.

Usefulness, on the other hand...

You read my mind, hahaha.

I really think it has until the end of this year before it stops being updated by Verizon which could be a good thing. Not sure what Gingerbread has in store but hopefully it will be leaps and bounds over FroYo since there should be better tech out by then. That doesn't mean that the ROM community won't develop for it though.