It Freezes Sometimes & Other Issues

mtavenger55

Reaction score
So I got my Pro on Tuesday & the first 2 days the phone worked fine. I like the keyboard & the call quality seems fine to me but once in a while when I'm web browsing or playing a game (the last 2 days) the screen would freeze & I would have to take the battery out & reset it. Today I was going from one home screen to another & it happened again. Now I'm visiting family in the mountains for Thanksgiving & the service isn't the best so I'm using that as an excuse but if it keeps doing this when I get home after a week I'll return it for the X. Is anyone else's Pro's screen keep freezing? Also not a big deal but when I txt & use the "&" symbol keeps sticking to the word before even after I hit the space key. Not a big deal I just have to go back & correct it. Just seeing if anyone else is experiencing these things. I like the phone so far I'm just experiencing those things.

~Matt

bwhite757

Reaction score
Unfortunately I have to say I have also seen this. Not with the browser, but with the home screen (LauncherPro), and yes I've personally ruled it as a service issue as I only notice it do this when I'm driving home from work (65 mile rural commute, very spotty service). However the screen always comes back to life when I regain 3g service.

OP
M

mtavenger55

Reaction score
I think (hope) like bwhite757 it has to do with location. Also there was a racing game I downloaded & everytime I would play it the phone would freeze so I got rid of that game. Btw while on facebook it says at the bottom to download the fb app for your Droid 2 lol. I just thought that was funny.

bwhite757

Reaction score
Be careful with the 3rd party apps you download, especially the free games. A poorly written app can cause unwanted Mayhem on your phone.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The thing with the symbols getting linked with the previous word happens on all motorola droid phones. Something to do with their auto correct I think. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

bwhite757

Reaction score
The thing with the symbols getting linked with the previous word happens on all motorola droid phones. Something to do with their auto correct I think. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Yep, what he said...

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
M

mtavenger55

Reaction score
So I used my phone the entire 4 hour drive home & it worked fine. It froze 1 time but again I was playing a game so I think that had something to do with it. I listened to my favorite hockey team (the Flyers) on the radio from their full website & played around with the Adobe Flash player & was impressed. I have not had any problem with the call quality even when I was in the area with little to no service. Also I put a few MP3 files on the phone today & it worked fine. I'll see how this week goes, so far I like it. Also I took a few pics & a video this week. I'll post my review sometime tomorrow along with the pics & video in a different thread.