Issues with Handcent SMS.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I've been using Handcent SMS since day one but I've noticed something that doesn't work right for me. When I get a notification and I click on the Handcent SMS notification it doesn't take me to that conversation but to the last conversation I had open. I have mistakenly sent a text to a wrong person, luckily it was nothing bad. If I close out of the last conversation like hitting the back button to the home screen then it works fine. Has anyone else experienced this?

JustinRutledge

Reaction score
hmm that's weird I have been using handcent since day 1 as well and when I click on the notification it takes me to the chat for the person that sent the message. I don't know why it would be doing that to you. Have you tried re-installing?

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Uninstalled and reinstalled, tested it with a test text from my daughters phone and its still doing the same thing. Guess I need to contact the developer.

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
I tried that app and for some reason it was just terrible. Would get errors and force close, also wouldn't send messages if I sent right as one was coming in. I'll try it again later but I'm finding a lot of these apps wern't made for android 2.0 and it's real hit and miss on how well they work.

mr.deux

Reaction score
only problems i have had is sending/reciving picture messages some times. but even then i rarely get a pic message so if it messes up i just switch to the stock app with no problems

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They did just come out with an update this morning, so i would hope uninstalling and reinstalling would work. I have had no problems with it taking me to the correct message. Another thing I would try though is to clear out all the txts messages in the phone then make sure handcent is the default messaging app. Then try to test it again. The existing txts may be causing a problem.