Issues with Android Powered Phone

ItsQueen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel OneTouch
I recently bought my Alcatel OneTouch phone. Since the day I bought it, it has been working fine up until today. I was just browsing the media and had to go do something. Upon return, I saw that my phone was in "sleep mode" like it would usually but this time it would not turn on. I clicked the power and volume button to do a power reset and that seemed to help. And then again the phone went into lock mode and when I tried to turn it on, the screen stayed black. Upon further observing the phone I saw that when I clicked the power button, the bottom 3 icons would light up when I touched them but the screen would stay black. This phone does have warranty but I think I may have lost the warranty paper. Please help me! I really don't want to get blamed for "destroying da phone"
Thank you in advance,
ItsQueen

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like a hardware problem. If you bought the phone from a retail shop or online, both should have a record of the sale date for warranty purposes.

OP
ItsQueen

ItsQueen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel OneTouch
Oh. Thank you! Never thought of that. Hopefully it gets fixed.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome aboard! Though I agree with Jeffrey that it could very well be a hardware problem, I've also seen a similar issue when an app was kinda hanging/freezing up. Since it's under warranty, you're best to see what they say first. If they don't find a problem/reason for replacement, we can try and help you figure out which app it is if that seems to be the case.

OP
ItsQueen

ItsQueen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel OneTouch
So far, no news about the warranty.I will keep you all updated if anything does occur. Thank you for the welcome's and hopefully the warranty will cover the problems.

OP
ItsQueen

ItsQueen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel OneTouch
UPDATE: The reason for the hardware issue was an app that was causing this. What happened was I called customer service which offered an exchange and I had to clear the data from the phone. The phone began to turn on and off again correctly after the factory reset. Thank you for your help and I look forward to posting on the forums soon. Thank you again!
-ItsQueen

Now to cancel the exchange