Issues with a new Droid (Crashes)

Switchback

Reaction score
I just bought the droid about 10 hours ago, had it on since and charged it to keep it running.

The problem starts when I am either doing two things at once(listening to music and texting) or doing one thing fast(checking facebook using the provided app) the phone will just freeze then go blank and you get the startup screen like it rebooted, and then it comes back after it is done rebooting. Twice I had to pull the battery since it wouldnt unfreeze or come back on.

Another unrelated issue is when I tried calling someone(which I did when I got the phone with no issues) they cant hear me and I cant even hear the dialing noise, but the timer goes up. Then then text me saying I called them and said nothing. This since has not happened again since a battery pull.

Not sure if it is defective or just software issues with the OS. Anyone else having issues?

If not I am going to swap it on Wednesday after continuing to play with it for a couple days.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds like another faulty unit. Might wanna get that exchanged. Try Factory reset first.

MrCntry

Reaction score
I would do the factory reset also. My phone worked perfect until I started dowloading applications. After the downloaded applications my phone was doing the same thing. Freeze, application close, reboot itself, sometimes even after a battery pull sometimes it would still lock up when I try to do stuff. After uninstalling the downloaded applications it worked like new again.

OP
Switchback

Switchback

Reaction score
Thanks, I factory rebooted and will see what happens, I have two days to play with it, before I return it if needed.

OP
Switchback

Switchback

Reaction score
Looked promising with that Factory Reset, but I guess it wasnt, It reboot after sending a pic message. Looks like new droid on Wednesday.

MrCntry

Reaction score
After you did a factory reset. Did you notice if any of your downloaded applications were still there? Someone mentioned they did a factory reset and the applications they downloaded were still there.

If they were you should delete all downloaded applications and see if that helps.

I deleted all my downloaded applications before I did my reset.

Looked promising with that Factory Reset, but I guess it wasnt, It reboot after sending a pic message. Looks like new droid on Wednesday.

MrCntry

Reaction score
If your apps were still there after you did the first reset then you could still have the same problem. So if you just deleted them you could do another reset and it hopefully will fix all your problems. :)

OP
Switchback

Switchback

Reaction score
Nope unfortunately it does keep rebooting still, no apps, and it happens when sending texts, or just playing around with it... it will be taken back to Best Buy

bacalao

Reaction score
I'm having a different problem, everytime I make a long call, my phone doesn't come back life. As in my screen doesn't light up, even pressing power/lock or even holding it shut off.. has anyone encountered something like this or seen a thread about it? Its happened twice and each time I end up rebooting and everything works fine. Short calls no problem, less than 5 minutes I'd say.