Issues running GB .573 - What's the latest version I can update to?

SlammedNiss

Reaction score
I rooted my X just over a month ago, and was doing fine until yesterday. I went to run the new wireless tether app, only to be told that I needed superuser permissions. I don't know when in the last month I lost root, but somewhere/somehow along the line I did. Luckily, when the phone reboots, it boots directly to clockworkmod recovery and I flashed back to a previous save.

Now, I seem to be having more problems. My gmail isn't syncing anymore, and the phone seems to be hanging up at times.

So, my question is this. What version should I update to so I can wipe the phone clean and start fresh. I'm currently on GB v.573. I want to stay rooted so I can use titanium backup.

TIA

OP
S

SlammedNiss

Reaction score
There is the TBH leaked gb update (rooted and unrooted) .596

Download: Official DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.596 for Rooted Users - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

if you want to use that one your going to have to flash back to froyo >root >install the 2 part zip
Thanks for the response. After posting, I did a couple hours worth of research, and pretty much came to the same solution.

Now, from what your saying, I need to .sbf back to 2.3.340, reroot the phone, then install GB .596? I'm pretty new at the whole phone hacking game, and would rather not end up with a new doorstop.

Thx.