Issues after update

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So after the ota yesterday, I've had a few issues pop up. Quick office is acting funny, I can't see any PDF material. In browser ... the double tap for fit to screen is acting odd, the screen is zooming in and out when I'm scrolling. And when I toggle airplane mode off, I get a screen flash. There's more to that but I don't know how to describe it. The browser is also sending me to the homescreen when I'm scrolling. Think I'm gonna try a factory reset and if that doesn't help, guess I'll be getting maxx #3??? . Any body else having these issues?.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
hey factory reset should take care of that, I know it's a pain but its worth it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I was hoping it would. But its gonna have to wait. Don't have time to go replacing all my apps changing all my settings back right now. Lol. The fun of a reset.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

Zlow

Reaction score
I updated this morning and everything works fine except for the first time my battery died in 12 hrs? It usually would take 18 to 23 hours before the update. Hope it is a fluke?

cujou

Reaction score
I've been having battery issues as well. My workday is 8:30-5, and when I leave work, I would typically have a little more than 90%, roughly 91% or 92% (using 1% increments). This is under a minimum workload where I would send text messages, but nothing too heavy. After the update, When I leave work at 5, my battery would be the low 80s. I know this might not be a big deal to some, but 10% is 10%! I've even stopped using some widgets thinking that it would help, but it hasn't. I haven't installed or used any new apps. I hope this is a problem with the update.

Anyone else notice that when you turn on the phone, you have to hold the power button a little bit longer before the "dual core" image shows up?

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
IMHO... my phone needs a reset but, it has to wait until I have the hour needed to get the phone loaded with my apps and setup again

sent from my RAZR MAXX

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
So after the ota yesterday, I've had a few issues pop up. Quick office is acting funny, I can't see any PDF material. In browser ... the double tap for fit to screen is acting odd, the screen is zooming in and out when I'm scrolling. And when I toggle airplane mode off, I get a screen flash. There's more to that but I don't know how to describe it. The browser is also sending me to the homescreen when I'm scrolling. Think I'm gonna try a factory reset and if that doesn't help, guess I'll be getting maxx #3??? . Any body else having these issues?.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

Nope none of those issues, but did you try a simple reset before you go the factory reset.

taylor9t

Reaction score
My battery drains faster than that even after all the tricks they taught me in the store. Maybe I play with my phone more during the day. But I am at around 50% by the end of the day. Some talking and texting. Some email checking here and there. I don't let data run in the background. I did the auto kill feature in Task Manager and have the brightness down low. Sooooo.... not sure if it si me or the phone.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Doesn't it seem like the best idea is to not take an update?! If your phone works as you want it to, best to just not take it right away!

Wopback

Reaction score
IMHO... my phone needs a reset but, it has to wait until I have the hour needed to get the phone loaded with my apps and setup again

sent from my RAZR MAXX

Careful with the reset....I had similar issues. Checked my settings, did a reboot, and still no help. Even my data wasn't working.

I did a factory reset and the phone wouldn't get pass the start up screen. Got my replacement phone today...good luck...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

lapeter

Reaction score
As mentioned elsewhere, all my speed dial numbers were erased and had to put back in. No big deal.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
After the update installation my battery length is greater if you can believe that. On a normal day of mixed wifi and 3G my battery level after 16 hours (7:30am to 11:30pm) would be at the 40% range remaining. Now that same day ends up in the range of 60-70%. My unit is faster also. Quadrnt score is up by 300 to 2965 and my AnTuTu score went up over a 1000 to 6755. No issues with my unit at all. Very stable. My phone is not rooted but FoxFi still works as a wifi hotspot for both my TF 101 and IPad tablets.

Last edited:
OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Nope none of those issues, but did you try a simple reset before you go the factory reset.

First thing I tried.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

cbreze

Reaction score
After the update installation my battery length is greater if you can believe that.
I see alot of people reporting improved battery with the update. I've updated and rooted and don't really see any battery improvement that I can tell. Not any worse, just not noticibly better. It generally gets me thru the entire day with a little to spare so I'm good with that.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
...My phone is not rooted but FoxFi still works as a wifi hotspot for both my TF 101 and IPad tablets.

Wow, thanks for the 'heads up' on FoxFi! :hail: Don't know how I missed that app before you 'tipped' it. Finally, a wifi hotspot without having to root my phone. dancedroid

Last edited: