Issue with Music player - stops after 2 mins

razzell2

Reaction score
Problem Solved, Thank you.

ok I checked task manager and clicked auto end on my music, unchecked it again, and I re-adjusted my screen timeout. not sure if that was the cause but I just tried it and my songs are playing in full without stopping

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

Had the same problem, just started today but I suspect it was because I was messing with the auto-end list in my task manager.
I went to my task manager, unchecked EVERYTHING from the auto-end list, (meaning, nothing kills now when the screen goes black), turned off my phone, took my battery out, put it back in, restarted my phone...(all of my photograhps and music reloaded from my sms card), reset the screen time out from 30 seconds to 1 minute, and opened my music player and played one of my playists, and it played non stop for 20 minutes. :)

Now, I have no idea which of these things fixed it, but I think, of course, that something was auto-ending thru my task manager, shutting down my music at about 1:23 seconds.
(This was happening with both the stock music player and my Win-Amp player).

Anyway, its working correctly now.

Now I have to be very careful what I put on the auto-end list in my task manager. (stock task manager that came pre installed on my Droid 2 Global).

Thank you for your input, and your help guys! Problem solved. :icon_ banana:

Razz

Nasa

Reaction score
Gallery and Media

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You can blame moto for all of this. I haven't seen any of this happen when I was running 4.5.607 as I froze just about all the bloat. Back on CM now though for its flac support. A good 3GB of space now is dedicated to music in .flac :laugh:
Might wanna make sure these tasks are off your auto-end list: Download Manager(for Gingerbread users), Media Storage, and your music app. If any of these are stopped, your music will cut out.