Issue with Music player - stops after 2 mins

Santa

Reaction score
Has anyone come across this issue? today for the first time I plugged in my headphones in my DG2 and started playing music and it stopped after some time. After trying many times I noticed that it stops somewhat on or after 120 second ( 2 mins) I tried to look at some settings but nothing was obvious to me. I think some how the phone goes in sleep mode and stops the song that is playing...
Any ideas on how to fix this..?

jkidd16

Reaction score
Yes this did happen to me! Check if any auto-task killers are automatically killing the music app. However, this wasnt working for me, so i did a factory reset and it worked.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
yup same here. everyday at the gym it kills out after couple mins. checked my settings and all seems ok. rebooted and no difference.

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

OP
S

Santa

Reaction score
Yes this did happen to me! Check if any auto-task killers are automatically killing the music app. However, this wasnt working for me, so i did a factory reset and it worked.

don't have any auto task killer and it just stops.. and I just played will all my settings and still no luck...as long as i am working on my D2G then it keeps playing but as soon as you stop working and let the music play for more than 2 mins it stops at that point....

I don't want to do a factory reset and loose all settings and personal data..

any one knows what's killing the music player...?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are using headphones, my guess is the headphone jack is shorting out and killing the music. Wiggle the headphone connection and see if it kills the music.

Good luck.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ok I checked task manager and clicked auto end on my music, unchecked it again, and I re-adjusted my screen timeout. not sure if that was the cause but I just tried it and my songs are playing in full without stopping

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
omg I have Bose so it better not short out. Lol...but u never know right?

If you are using headphones, my guess is the headphone jack is shorting out and killing the music. Wiggle the headphone connection and see if it kills the music.

Good luck.

OP
S

Santa

Reaction score
Yipee got to the bottom of problem.. thanks Princess!!!

ok I checked task manager and clicked auto end on my music, unchecked it again, and I re-adjusted my screen timeout. not sure if that was the cause but I just tried it and my songs are playing in full without stopping

Thanks for the pointer...I did not go to task manager to look for any settings before... but now when I went there is a list of apps you can add to auto end list.. and in my pursuit to save battery life on this sucker... :) I had added almost every other app into auto-end list and music player was one of them.. and as soon as I have removed it ... it works now... playing not only entire song but song after song... Yipeee it works and rocks!!!!
:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
that is awesome! enjoy ....

Thanks for the pointer...I did not go to task manager to look for any settings before... but now when I went there is a list of apps you can add to auto end list.. and in my pursuit to save battery life on this sucker... :) I had added almost every other app into auto-end list and music player was one of them.. and as soon as I have removed it ... it works now... playing not only entire song but song after song... Yipeee it works and rocks!!!!

gene_e

Reaction score
Fixed!

Thanks everybody!

I have DG-2 and love it but it also has been having this extremely frustrating problem of my favorite apps quitting 2 min after screen time-out.

After reading messages on this board, I opened the auto-end list and to my great surprise I found it was heavily populated with most of my apps. I don't have a clue how it happened.

But everything works now!!... Time to re-install and turn back up all apps I deleted/killed trying to fix the problem.

cherryq

Reaction score
music player AND gallery

For future reference, when I took off music from the task manager auto-end list, the music player would still stop. Then finally I read somewhere that you have to take off music AND gallery from the auto-end list, and it worked!

Nasa

Reaction score
I know that this post is a little dated and it took me a while to find it but it helped. I was getting ready to buy an app for playing my music due to the same problem as the 2 minute timed shut off. Music was not in the list but gallery was in the shut down list. Removed it from the list and all is good in the world again. Thanks droidforums.

ojayso

Reaction score
that is awesome! enjoy ....

I have tried all of this but it still happens. Stock Media player, Pandora, whatever...

I have removed EVERYTHING from my Task Manager Auto-End List. Still...

I don't have any after market task killers installed either. Very frustrating.

ALSO, anybody know of a thread that can help with GPS? It takes forever for satellites to pick up my exact location. Never less then 5-10 minutes.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
It takes forever for satellites to pick up my exact location. Never less then 5-10 minutes.
It's vice versa. To establish the location, the phone needs to connect to the GPS network and download bootstrap data.

With cold startup, it takes anywhere from 2 to 20 minutes.

Are you sure you have Assisted GPS (aGPS) enabled in your settings?