Issue with Hangouts/Google Voice and Motorola Assist

• Thread starter Deleted member 317144
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 317144

I have a 2013 Moto X on Verizon and have been using Google Hangouts for phone calls and text since they integrated Google Voice a few weeks ago. Everything seems to work okay, but there's a glitch with Motorola Assist's voice announce feature.

When I receive a call and I have Motorola Assist set to Home (to announce calls), Assist correctly announces who's calling, but a few seconds later she (it?) says:

"Sorry, I'm having network trouble. Let's talk later."

During that time, the voice commands "answer" and "ignore" won't work.

Then after the missed call, she says:

"To send a text message back, say send text...Sorry, I'm having network trouble. Let's talk later."

Anyone else is experiencing this?

Arcangelle

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid Motorola maxx
Yep. Still waiting on a fix

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'll give you another bump, but I've got no idea. To me, it seems as though "she" is losing connection with the servers that power her. Would be an issue on Moto's part if you're not the only one having the problem.

Kinda hard to believe that you'd be the only one with this issue though, as it's the same software that's on every other device like yours sold, so you'd think the issue would be more wide-spread.

How's your data connection when this happens? Are you on wifi at the time of LTE?

Arcangelle

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid Motorola maxx
If I reset the app it works just fine. I just reset it again since it updated. Here's hoping it's fixed now.