Is your Droid randomly deleting all your sms/txt messages? Help get the issue noticed

tameone

Reaction score
My Droid has deleted all my texts three times. I do NOT use a 3rd party messaging app of any kind. I have NO limits on thread size or message count or save time or anything.

I also have the triple send (well, receive) problem.

ScientistBob

Reaction score
This is my FOURTH Moto Droid I've gone through now. My first one deleted my messages 3 times accounting for almost 6,000 messages... My second one did the same within the first 4 hours of owning the phone. Third droid not only deleted me txt messages, but it also deleted all my contacts, my calender events, and my facebook contacts, but then after doing so it completely started to have a spaz attack and started to flicker like a strobe then locked up...
About 1 hour ago I received a txt message which followed with a force close and BAM almost 3,000 messages GONE again.
This is what apps I use and what I've done.

First phone Apps:
Handcent SMS
LookOut Antivirus/Backup
Task Killer (Not an auto kill program)
Settings:
TXT auto delete set to off

Second phone:
Zero Apps, and never touched the settings

Third Phone:
factory TXT program
Lookout Pro Antivirus/Backup
Settings:
All stock settings for txt messaging

Fourth phone
Factory TXT program
Task Manager (With autokill)*This autokill had an exclusion list. Messaging was on it.
Settings:
Auto delete turned off, but set to 5000 limit prior to turning it off.

Im going to factory exchange this damn phone again, and demand a credit for a new and different phone. Im tired of this.

dwagner88

Reaction score
So is this only happening when you try to store thousands of messages? Maybe the phone has problems with mailboxes getting too full. I have had my droid since december and have never experienced this issue, but I'm not trying to keep thousands of texts on the phone either. I usually set the limit per thread to 200 and I don't text all that often.

eliassami5

Reaction score
So is this only happening when you try to store thousands of messages? Maybe the phone has problems with mailboxes getting too full. I have had my droid since december and have never experienced this issue, but I'm not trying to keep thousands of texts on the phone either. I usually set the limit per thread to 200 and I don't text all that often.

yea my droid erases my txts about once a week. It never used to happen until i started texting alot and once a thread got to around 800-1500 txts in it the phone would glitch and erase all the texts. I have no limit set also.

iPirate

Reaction score
I have stock Droid from around mid Dec and have not lost a single text yet.

I did clean up my texts a while ago and do not text as often as some in this thread appear to be texting (200 per a day... wtf?)

Import roller

Reaction score
Is there a fix for this? Happened to me today. Got a text rom my gf, I go to respond and suddenly I get the force close message. Now, no more saved texts

jlnguyen

Reaction score
i think the reason its happened to me multiple times is whenever i reach around 5000-7000 total texts... then the app starts forceclosing and deleting all my texts. so far since i've started over at 0 a couple days ago, i'm not encountering any problems. i'm sitting at around 1700 total texts right now.

fishy615

Reaction score
My phone has deleted all of my messages 3 times in the past 2 months. The first time I was on the Droid Messaging program, no third party program installed. I looked up some information on it and some people said changing to Handcent fixed the problem for them. So I installed Handcent and twice within the last 2 weeks all of my messages have been deleted from Handcent and also the default messaging program. The first time I had around 2000 texts, the second only about 500.

ASN-121

Reaction score
Mine just did it this morning out of the blue. Not too happy about that. I think it happened after I updated Dolphin Browser to the latest installment. Really wish I could get them back!

lifesavin

Reaction score
Happened to me on Friday. Got a couple texts and went to respond and just kept getting force close messages. I am using Handcent. It seems to be working normally now. Sucks though because I had some message that I wanted to keep.

Andy
Moto Droid

ASN-121

Reaction score
Just to let you guys know, a great app to save texts is SMS Backup. It emails SMS messages (no MMS) to your Gmail account automatically and you can apply a label to them such as SMS. It groups conversations by contact and can hold up to 200 messages in a single conversation. Best of all, it's free.