Is voice typing a function of the OS or more hardware oriented?

wsettle

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the Rezound over the Nexus right now as my first Android phone. However, I really like the voice to text feature of the Nexus and iPhone 4S. The demos of the two phones make it look like voice to text is getting very mature.

Is the Rezound capable of voice typing out of the box?

If not, will be possible with the ICS upgrade in 2012?

Appreciate any insight.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I have noticed that the dual processor phone models do the voice recognition, such as, Speaktoit mmuch better. Even on PC's, voice needs fast processors and fast memory.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
W

wsettle

Reaction score
Have you tried it on the rezound and if so, how does it work?

soulshot96

Reaction score
Yes I think the rezound is capable but the nexus will have better performance until the rezound gets its ICS update. Personally I'd go with the nexus if I were you, you get stock android, the fastest updates, and you will be the most likely to get an upgrade to the newest version of android whatever that is. But I do hate manufacturer "skins" on my devices, so I night be biased(to many bad experiences with touchwiz, motoblur, and HTC sense) pure android from now on for me.

Sent from my Motorola Xoom using DroidForums

soulshot96

Reaction score
Oh and I can confirm that voice recognition works alot better on dual core devices. I have only seen a voice demo for the nexus, and it performed extremely well in my opinion, I have jot seen one on the rezound but I'm sure if you found someone that owns one on here they'd be more than happy to tell you how well it works for them

Sent from my Motorola Xoom using DroidForums

OP
W

wsettle

Reaction score
The Razr was just too big and awkward for me and the Nexus is even bigger but I am waiting until I can lay hands on one before I decide which one to buy. I'm another Rezound/Nexus guy on the fence but a side by side hands on should tell the tale.

Thanks for the fedback so far guys.

Has anyone else had any experience with V2T on the Rezound?