Is this suppose to happen in Froyo with thether?

erikfig

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I've been using Froyo with BB v0.4 for a while now and Wi-Fi tether.

I just tried to use the USB tether and when I open the browser it take's me to the Verizon page to activate the Broadband services. Is this suppose to happen? Do I need PDA net again to use internet through usb on my phone with Froyo now?

Thanks is advance!

sc4fpse

Reaction score
In the latest few leaked Froyo builds for the Droid, you will be redirected to the page you're seeing now. In the earlier ones, wired tether worked normally. However, as we progress towards an actual release candidate build and eventually the final public build, Verizon added that in.

You'll need either PDA net or one of the other tether applications. Might as well just grab a free wireless tether app at this point.

OP
E

erikfig

Reaction score
In the latest few leaked Froyo builds for the Droid, you will be redirected to the page you're seeing now. In the earlier ones, wired tether worked normally. However, as we progress towards an actual release candidate build and eventually the final public build, Verizon added that in.

You'll need either PDA net or one of the other tether applications. Might as well just grab a free wireless tether app at this point.

I've been using wireless tether with no issues at all. I was just wondering because it was king of strange. Thanks for your fast response!