is this possible..

Reaction score
okay im in love with my droid and everything but i think it needs a ilttle bit more zing to it. i was wandering if it was possible to make an app or something that will give u a custom ringtone for when you get a text message or email or something. im tired of the stock sounds.. like when i get a text i want the ''metal gear solid'' sound to go off, you kno when you get caught and the ''!'' comes out lool. that would be soo awesome. so yeah is this possible? im pretty sure it is since its a droid and all ;)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
grab handcent out of the market for texting. Each person can have their own ring or custom vibrate when they text you....and you can change the led flash too.

OP
P
Reaction score
grab handcent out of the market for texting. Each person can have their own ring or custom vibrate when they text you....and you can change the led flash too.

yeah i kno ive tried that but i want a CUSTOM sound. like something you make ur self and put it into the phone.

jewels443

Reaction score
What he said.

And check out the Market for the Ringdroid app and make your own tones. :icon_ lala:

ISUVetMed

Reaction score
okay im in love with my droid and everything but i think it needs a ilttle bit more zing to it. i was wandering if it was possible to make an app or something that will give u a custom ringtone for when you get a text message or email or something. im tired of the stock sounds.. like when i get a text i want the ''metal gear solid'' sound to go off, you kno when you get caught and the ''!'' comes out lool. that would be soo awesome. so yeah is this possible? im pretty sure it is since its a droid and all ;)
There is also an app called Mabilo Ringtones that has like 10,000 tones already in it. They have a whole section for video games. I have all my ringtones set to songs from zelda lol. I am fairly sure the MGS tone is in there also. Ringdroid is good for creating them. Your other alternative is to download the ringtones to your computer and put them onto your SD card. There are several topics that tell you the folder to create so they show up, you can do the same for custom alarm sounds.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah i kno ive tried that but i want a CUSTOM sound. like something you make ur self and put it into the phone.
There are plenty of options for that. You can use any MP3 or supported file as a notification. You can use Ringdroid to create some. You can use an app to get more notifications. It's more than just possible. I've never used any of the stock sounds.