TEXT like IPhone?

jf2oo6

Reaction score
ok so the fact is texting and typing on the iphone keyboards, landscape or portrait, is wayyy better than typing on the droid. the iphone keyboard is a lot more responsive and faster. when i start to type fast on my droid a lot of the letters i hit dont show up.

soo what im getting at, is there an app to get the iphone keyboard on the droid? or is there a reason for the slow response time of our keyboards?

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
there are a lot of keyboard applications out there, but I haven't had a problem with mine and haven't really had a need to try anything else.

theguy386

Reaction score
yup, I know what you mean... I'm waiting for a good keyboard application to be released for the DROID

[video=youtube;_DsXO_ED8n0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DsXO_ED8n0[/video]
[video=youtube;wlgykN-Iz6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlgykN-Iz6g[/video]

Monstrosity

Reaction score
you need to consider how long he's been using the iphone vs how long he's been using the droid.

If you get used to the keyboard on another phone, and not the other, this isn't accurate because he's not as used to using the other keyboard.

Last edited:

chesty21

Reaction score
you need to consider how long he's been using the iphone vs how long he's been using the droid.

If you get used to the keyboard on another phone, and not the other, this isn't accurate because he's not as used to using the other keyboard.

That is very true....my prior phone was a LG Dare with a tiny screen in comparison to the Droid and I can type faster with the Dare than the Droid. This is only because I was used to and accustomed to the keyboard. I have gotten better with the Droid keyboard and soon I will be just a proficient with it as I was with the Dare.

iwinuluz

Reaction score
well i will say this if your droid is connected via ub to your computer and sometimes even when it it just charging in the wall and you try and type ANYTHING it repeats the letter a bunch of times and vibrates like crazy . weird i have to unplug if i want to type it is as if the screen becomes EXTREMELY sensitive while charging

SuGaR

Reaction score
After 3-4 days of using the keyboard on the Motorola Droid, I RARELY ever mess up typing. Don't count out the keyboard after your first time using it. Also if you coming from an iPhone which you have been using for a while, of course you will be better on it.

Just give it some time :)

OP
J

jf2oo6

Reaction score
OK to clarify guys I used the iPhone for about 2 weeks. And I'm not talking about typing when its plugged in. Its not so much that I make a lot of mistakes, but if I start typing fast the phone wont keep up. Like it only types certain letters.

pilot25

Reaction score
did you look in the upper left hand corner of that iphone in the video.

"No Service" Really doesn't matter how fact you can type with that is displayed all the time on the phone.

theguy386

Reaction score

"No Service" Really doesn't matter how fact you can type with that is displayed all the time on the phone.

phone is deactivated, since thats what I switched from :D... so it wont be getting service any time soon

OP
J

jf2oo6

Reaction score

Haha actually I didn't watch the video as I'm on my droid right now lol. I'm not saying I don't like my droid, just that the virtual keyboard is not as good as the iphones. But hopefully we will have an app or update to fix that soon.

Bucknell2013

Reaction score
@jf2006,

I use the Better keyboard app with an iPhone skin and it is Great! If you are looking for a typing experience similar to that of an iPhone, this is probably the best option.

While I found the Droid's virtual keyboard to be adequate, I do seem to type faster with this skin...Plus, better keyboard is, in my opinion, a better keyboard app :)

Hope that helps!

OP
J

jf2oo6

Reaction score
@jf2006,

I use the Better keyboard app with an iPhone skin and it is Great! If you are looking for a typing experience similar to that of an iPhone, this is probably the best option.

While I found the Droid's virtual keyboard to be adequate, I do seem to type faster with this skin...Plus, better keyboard is, in my opinion, a better keyboard app :)

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice. I was actually looking at that app and the even better keyboard app. From what I read the even better has T9 capabilities? Does better keyboard also have T9? If so what are the differences?

medicTHREE

Reaction score
What you are likely encountering is the lack of multitouch support in the keyboard. If they fix that, you'll notice a lot faster typing.

DA717

Reaction score
What you are likely encountering is the lack of multitouch support in the keyboard. If they fix that, you'll notice a lot faster typing.

yep, multitouch is a must when someone can type that fast.