Is This Normal Battery Usage On Note 2???

mrfatty1985

Reaction score

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it was uploading pictures to Google plus or you installed an app that's not playing nice with the update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

mrfatty1985

Reaction score
Ok guys for looks like I may have found a solution ,,,

if google services is taking up a lot of battery drain you need to see if you really need everything synced.

I was only getting 16.5 hours battery ... not bad but i think could be better for the beast of a battery this has.

anyway, go to settings, accounts then google ... click on your google email(s) and untick any you don't need.

I only have sync gmail ticked. I did have sync contacts ticked but looks like that was what was causing the battery drain. All i have now is sync gmail ticked. Do this for all your accounts

Also under privacy in the google menu click on location and make sure its unticked, same with maps and latitude, google. and search. You can always change them when you need them.

Also if you use the gmail app to check emails then go into it, hit the left soft key to get to gmail settings. Now click on your email address (not general settings) ... in this menu ... under data usage put the 'Days of mail to sync' down to about 14 days or less ... I think default is 30 days.

I seemed to have gotten an extra couple of hours usage by doing this. Normally i would be dry about 1 and half hours ago but i still have 20% battery left. And also now in GSAM battery monitor google services doesnt even show up :icon_ banana:

I hope this helps someone