Is this a possible way to keep my unlimited data?

KwlAznKid

Reaction score
sorry guys i've spent the past 2 hours reading on here but i just can't seem to understand or have the balls to do some of the stuff incase it doesn't work out so here's my plan, can anyone verify if this will work?

i have a family share plan, my line is the ONLY line that has unlimited data, rest of my family did not listen to my advice and upgraded their lines so they all lost their unlimited data.

we currently have 5 lines, 4 on smart phones 1 on a dumbphone

my line and the dumbphone line are eligible for upgrade

my plan is to use the upgrade on the dumbphone and upgrade to a S5 (the phone i want), once it's activated I will then swap that line over back to the dumbphone essentially making the S5 have no line for a few minutes, then i will transfer my line (with the unliited data) to the S5

based on the past 2 HOURS of reading i've done, it seems like it should work right? the dumbphone line will get renewed for another 2 years and then my line will retain the unlimited data.

anyone know if this will work?

OP
K

KwlAznKid

Reaction score
OR

what if i add a line, (but i think there's a limit of lines you can add to a family plan though) to the family plan, use that line to get the S5, then after a month cancel that line, anyone know if that's doable? or is there a 2 year contract with that line itself that will make me pay an ETF?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've done the dumb phone thing with no issues ...walk into Verizon and tell them you want S5 on dumb line upgraded ..and flip it to unlimited line right away ..last time all we had to do was call Customer Service to connect back the dumb line while at store .

M8 tap'd

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What you want to do will work perfectly. I have done it for many customers. Just make sure that you activate the s5 on the basic phone number first. You'll need a new Sim when you put it onto your line, unless you already have a microSim

OP
K

KwlAznKid

Reaction score
I've done the dumb phone thing with no issues ...walk into Verizon and tell them you want S5 on dumb line upgraded ..and flip it to unlimited line right away ..last time all we had to do was call Customer Service to connect back the dumb line while at store .

M8 tap'd

thanks for the input!

What you want to do will work perfectly. I have done it for many customers. Just make sure that you activate the s5 on the basic phone number first. You'll need a new Sim when you put it onto your line, unless you already have a microSim

great thanks! since you work for Verizon (or I'm guessing you do) do you know if my 2nd plan will work?