is there any way to change the notification bar to black on the droid 2 global?

apy1592

Reaction score
i upgraded from the D1 and i rooted it and changed the notification bar to black without flashing a rom or any of that but is there any way to do this with the D2G? i know the original D2 has roms and stuff available but i dont want a rom just a way to change the bar something simple and easy, i prefer a file thats already made that i can just push over to my phone but last time i pushed a file over it bricked my phone and i had to restore a backup but anyone who can help i would appreciate it very much

XanRules

Reaction score
There's no way to do it without a custom ROM...yet. ;)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
apy1592

apy1592

Reaction score
Is there any out there? Cause I really get tired of seeing this stupid white one I had a black one on my d1 now I have this phone and can't do anything to it yet I wanted the droid 2 but they insisted on the global

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

shagoyjo

Reaction score
I would have insisted back :), but xanrules is right, not till we get a custom rom or a theme. I'd work on them but I've got too many projects right now. Srry.

OP
apy1592

apy1592

Reaction score
How would you go about making a theme I have a lot of free time

shagoyjo

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to go look at theming procedures for other phones. XDA developers is a good place to check for that. I would caution you against even applying a theme that would alter the notification bar until an sbf hits. There is simply too much risk and no way to revert.

OP
apy1592

apy1592

Reaction score
Yeah im not gonna try anything without the sbf I just wanna go ahead and try to make the file