Change notification bar color?

jb0072011

Reaction score
Is there any app or way to change the notification bar color to black and the text to green or white like on 2.3? That is all I really want to do. My phone is rooted

OP
J

jb0072011

Reaction score
will I be able to OTA?

Thanks for your suggestions. I got that 1 program and the black bar theme. The question I have is that it says to do a nandroid backup first. If I install the bootstrap and Clockwork to do this will I still be able to get OTA update to 2.3? I wish Moto would say a definite yes or no on 2.3 update and some kind of timeframe. Although I would be pissed if they dont at least then I would know to go crazy modding the phone

Last edited:

chrisl20

Reaction score
Bootstrapper is what you need, its one n the same as clockwork. But bootstrapper is tailored to the droid2/dx/d2g(no specificly, but it works the same)...make a backup of ur stock setup...and ull be able to restore that then do the update if it ever comes...pm me if u have ne more ?S, more than happy to help u out

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions. I got that 1 program and the black bar theme. The question I have is that it says to do a nandroid backup first. If I install the bootstrap and Clockwork to do this will I still be able to get OTA update to 2.3? I wish Moto would say a definite yes or no on 2.3 update and some kind of timeframe. Although I would be pissed if they dont at least then I would know to go crazy modding the phone

Well as said above, you can use the nandroid back up..but if your just rooted and dont run a custom rom, you can receive the OTA update. Now if you have the black notification bar, I think you will be able to OTA update still but cant say for sure. With JUST root, I can confirm from personal experience you can update. I dont know that you should but I did it by accident forgetting to OTA update before I rooted. No problems from it..

chrisl20

Reaction score
I think it can be done w a diff color not bar...I believe the ota update only fails if it can't find the system files and app apks that it is trying 'patch' up or change completely...but, since it is a big change..like froyo to gb...I don't know that I would risk it... ..luckily for you, you probly wont have to worry about an ota for a cool minute